FC40 recorded todays videos upside down

Reaction score
Has any one ever go to play there videos after a flight and had them recorded completely upside down? just got back in from a flight were my phantom went way out of visual range and I wanted to see the video to see were she went and the freaking video file is playing the video completely up side down. and there is no way I could of put the camera in the holder upside down even if i tried. cause I have a tether thingy i made that that attacked to the top t slot on the camera to keep the camera from ever getting lost if it comes out of the holder and its not long enough to allow me to put the camera in the holder upside down nore would the power button of been able to come on any way. being it would not be under the button in the holder to of been able to turn on or off when I pressed it to power on the cam before my flight.

Has any one one else ever had it record video upside down before even when the camera was facing right side up?

Never happened to me in the last 16 flights the FC40 has been in, since I got the Phantom 1.1.1.

But looking at the camera design and mount, it will be quite easy to install it upside down. (only that the button on the mount wont correspond to the camera power button.)

Even check to see if I can put mine in upside down but because to the string I have that attaches to the t slot on the camera is not long enough to even let me put it in the holder upside down at all I can put it in backwards but then it would of been facing the belly of phantom. and also would not of had the button line up with the power butting thing on the holder or of been able to see my blinking led on the top of the lens had it been in backwards. Tho after watching the video which I wanted to see were she went I'm deleting that sucker.. I sent her up and flew in a completely straight line after getting her up and stabilized and flew her back and forth a few feet to make sure The home lock was working right and Then I sent her due east the same way she was facing when I turned her on. and she flew straight as an arrow pushing my right stick forward then when she got out of site I pulled back and was only 1 minute in to the flight. and after about 30 more seconds of not seeing her I flipped the s1 switch down to the fail safe and waited and waited and waited expecting to see or atleast hear it. nope nothing. I thought dam and thought I had a fly away. cause and walked straight towards the diction she was last heading and still had plenty of battery power left. and spent about 20 mins looking for it and it never once flew over me or any place I could see it or hear it and then I came back to my house and there she was parked 5 inches from were she took off. YES!!!! So i thought wow she must of just got caught in some wind and took for ever to get home. But I wanted to see the video to see how long she took. Well she landed 11 minutes after she took off and to my horror while watching the up side down video I see her go up and go in a straight arrow due east and not waver at all then she stops right around the time I lost site of her and for some reason she started yawing left to right and taking panoramic views tho I never once even touched the left stick at all. Then starts heading straight south were there is a military insulation and were photography is forbidden and an area I stay way clear of any time I am flying. I don't even want to change it. Because they manufacture weapons there and even have some research facility's there. Well my phantom not only headed there It took its own sweet time flying all around the place and from looking at the vid it looks like it was on a deliberate surveillance mission of the entire facility. It took its own sweet time Doing it and spent a good 8 minutes not only circling it. But it keep panning and hovering. Then it circled around again keeping an eye on the place and facing it the whole time then came home and landed and sat there till I come walking up on her way after she landed. I'm starting to wonder if its a ******* Chinese spy. or if one of the Chinese spies in the Chinese spie restaurant right next door to the gates of the place took control of it. Cause I never have ever had a flight were it flew so deliberately and took such great video like a pro was flying it. part of me wants to turn my phantom in and have the scientists at the place dissect her to see if there is any thing in her that would make her know to go on an autonomous spy mission if near some place thats classified. Parts of this place are even blurred on Google maps an windows of the labs are painted over so satellites cant spy on them due to the sensitive nature of the research that goes on there including chemical weapons and biological weapons research and one of the only places in the world that still has the worlds last sample of live yellow fever in on of the buildings that the phantom did a very deliberate around. Im sort of scared to even have the video in my possession being there would be no way to convince any one it was just taken on its own by a drone that was flying in a manor that don't look accidental in any way shape or form or just in a straight line like it should of been on a return to home flight no matter how off course she was before I flipped the fail safe.

J.James said:
Has any one ever go to play there videos after a flight and had them recorded completely upside down? just got back in from a flight were my phantom went way out of visual range and I wanted to see the video to see were she went and the freaking video file is playing the video completely up side down. and there is no way I could of put the camera in the holder upside down even if i tried. cause I have a tether thingy i made that that attacked to the top t slot on the camera to keep the camera from ever getting lost if it comes out of the holder and its not long enough to allow me to put the camera in the holder upside down nore would the power button of been able to come on any way. being it would not be under the button in the holder to of been able to turn on or off when I pressed it to power on the cam before my flight.

Has any one one else ever had it record video upside down before even when the camera was facing right side up?
I have the same problem with most of my stills and videos???

"the string I have that attaches to the t slot on the camera"
I'm curious how you attach to the t slot of the camera. Is there a device available that locks into the t slot?

"the string I have that attaches to the t slot on the camera"
I'm curious how you attach to the t slot of the camera. Is there a device available that locks into the t slot?

its a real simple devise I made the other day out of a square washer and a sting that goes threw it with a knot on the back side so it dont pull out of the hole in the washer and then I have the other end tired to the top of the main frame that the camrea holder goes on. Then the washer just slides in the slot and past the spring clip in the center of the track and it keeps it from sliding out.

I'll take some pics tomorrow of how It works. and I'll get some internal measurements to so some one can get the right size washer. . A round washer would also probably work just as well if not even better. and should be some thing even tho most non DYI'er can obtain a washer and tie a knot in a pcs of string. and Do this as a dyi project.

It was meant to just keep the camera from flying out of the holder in a crash. But it really saved me tonight when I took a flight and when I brought her in the camera was dangling from the teather and watching the video came out shortly after take off and I was up pretty high and out a few 100 feet in front of me and being I was not using the wifi I dint even notice any thing till the of the flight and If it had fell I would of had no idea were to look for it even if it could of survived the fall.

Hi,

Today I just got mine vdo upside down as well. The first clip using iPhone app was OK. The continue second one by pushing the record button turned upside down. It was back OK after I turn off and on.

Kanok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj