FC40 Pilots: Check your transmitter range!

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpG_l9wAK_0

So according to the above link, if you turn your transmitter on and hear one beep, you are actually in CE mode and your transmitter is limited to 300 meters. A turn of a screw on the back should put you in FCC mode (For those in the US, anyway) which boosts the power output to 500 meters.

Now, this video is based on the Phantom 2 Vision controller but they claim the FC40 controller does the same thing. Can anyone do a quick test on their controller to see if:

A) Your controller is set to 300M or 500M by default (based on the beeps), and
B) If you are in fact defaulted to 300M, does the screw adjustment work?

Thanks!

P.S., I know this is all documented quite well in the online manual. Just curious if CE is factory default.

The transmitter is set by default to CE i had to crack open my case to get to the pot then it was only a matter of about half turn recheck confirmed it was 2 beeps FCC hope this answer that question.

Dennis

Mine was on the single beep when new, Turned the lower screw on back of controller half a turn clockwise and now get 2 beeps when powering on, Not been brave enough to try flying further away but hope the extra signal strength will prevent any problems.

FatKevinSmith said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpG_l9wAK_0

So according to the above link, if you turn your transmitter on and hear one beep, you are actually in CE mode and your transmitter is limited to 300 meters. A turn of a screw on the back should put you in FCC mode (For those in the US, anyway) which boosts the power output to 500 meters.

Now, this video is based on the Phantom 2 Vision controller but they claim the FC40 controller does the same thing. Can anyone do a quick test on their controller to see if:

A) Your controller is set to 300M or 500M by default (based on the beeps), and
B) If you are in fact defaulted to 300M, does the screw adjustment work?

Thanks!

P.S., I know this is all documented quite well in the online manual. Just curious if CE is factory default.

I was able to change my transmitter settings the assistant software from CE to FCC and now when I turn the transmitter on it does beep twice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4