FC40 Guts into P2 Vision Chassis

Reaction score
Hi All,

First post, and I am looking for some help. My brother purchased me a FC40 a few weeks ago and I love it. I just installed a 2 axis Gimbal, GoPro3, and it's a bunch of fun. However, battery life is as you know, not that great. Anyway, he has several P2 Visions and said I could have one of his bare frames/cases with the larger battery compartment. So I was wondering if I can transfer all of my FC40 stuff into this frame and take advantage of the larger batteries.

Thanks a bunch!

Justin

Thank you. I have the Phantom 2 central board, LED's and battery connector with two batteries, and I assume the rest of the FC40 parts will bolt in and work? My goal is to increase flight time with the larger battery. I put the gimbal and gopro on my FC40 and I now get limited flight time and figured I could get more air time by swapping the guts for a chassis with a larger battery.

So, it it has the central board, all I need to do it hook everything up? The topic above is not very specific on if the FC40 parts are direct fit to the Phantom 2 central board.

Thanks!!

Ive seen others do it on other rc web boards.
all the parts fit in to the phantom 2 shell. except for the big led which needs a hole driled in the front. which will actully become the back side.

and there are even people making battery door covers that are shaped like the shape of the phantom 2s not all that smart pos smart battery's to be able to close your batterys in to the belly. Or if you can get hold of some ones dead phantom 2 battery you can use the front of that and the cage and hack your self in 2 two 2700mah battery's and use the visions plug to be able to have battery packs that slid in and lock in place and not have any of the problems the smart battery's are plagued with if useing the fc40s main board and guts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub