fc40 camera

Reaction score
hi all. just got the fc40 and i was wondering if the camera has sound? looking at the camera it looks like a microphone and also on the front there's a speaker but when its used to video i have no sound also the manual does say it has sound on different led status ie if it is getting low on space according to the manual is emmits a tone but i cannot hear any thing and feedback gratly recived

Good question. My brother in law complained of the same thing. B&H asked him to send the camera back as defective for replacement.

rmklaw said:
Good question. My brother in law complained of the same thing. B&H asked him to send the camera back as defective for replacement.
hi .i will take mine back today did they say it does have sound ?

Wow this is interesting let us know if the camera is supposed to have sound can't say mine has any sound it dose have a mic grill though.

just went out to the DJI site checked the specs out on the camera can't find any specs on sound my thought is no sound on this camera it would be nice though if you find out different do let all of us know.

Dennis

i went in search of more FC40 videos and found several none of them had sound.

Dennis

What are the first 3 letters of the FCC Id on the camera. There may be tear down photos available online.

jamerd said:
i went in search of more FC40 videos and found several none of them had sound.

Dennis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLuYd9ZCtV0
I found one.. who knows if its an actual FC40 though. Thing is, you really don't get any useful audio out of a quadcopter camera. That is of course, unless you are specifically trying to hear how hard the motors are working when its away from you.

jamerd said:
Wow this is interesting let us know if the camera is supposed to have sound can't say mine has any sound it dose have a mic grill though.

just went out to the DJI site checked the specs out on the camera can't find any specs on sound my thought is no sound on this camera it would be nice though if you find out different do let all of us know.

Dennis
hi dennis.. yes this is interesting just a quick question the manual states that it has sound whe the camera is in certain modes ie sound i assume are beeps when powering down and also if you go the apps andriod or ios there is clearly a sound button in the description /reviews i presume to toggle the sound on and off regard ... martyn

hold the press i was reading through some of the data sheets and i found you can turn on the camera sound by pressing the record button but i agree the only sound you are likely to get is the props and motors so not much use.

Dennis

jamerd said:
hold the press i was reading through some of the data sheets and i found you can turn on the camera sound by pressing the record button but i agree the only sound you are likely to get is the props and motors so not much use.

Dennis
Well that's interesting. Can you link us to the data sheets?

it's the data sheet that came with the camera, i have a question though how do i know when the camera is fully charged or when the battery is low i don't see the battery level on the screen of my wifi any ideas i don't see any info on this subject so far.

Dennis

jamerd said:

Dennis
hi dennis have you actually had sound i have been holing the record button it flashes red to say it in recording mode , but the playback is still silent..

Nope never got any sound from the camera just video have you tried video from flying the quad yet?

Dennis

bladesufc said:
rmklaw said:
hi .i will take mine back today did they say it does have sound ?

They are replacing it. I will check when he gets the new one.

The FC40 camera does not produce audio. And neither does the Phantom 2 Vision camera. The hole's your speaking of is most likely just a vent. The Vision camera has the same thing which can be easily confused as a microphone vent.

BenDronePilot said:
The FC40 camera does not produce audio. And neither does the Phantom 2 Vision camera. The hole's your speaking of is most likely just a vent. The Vision camera has the same thing which can be easily confused as a microphone vent.

I think Ben might be right. My FC40 camera only came with an FCC card and a quick use guide, none of which mentioned recording audio. The instructions for the FC40 on the DJI site don't mention audio and it goes pretty in-depth with what the physical device buttons do and what the software buttons do. There are definitely holes on the front that look like they could be a mic. There's also a hole next to the record button. I will use my extreme hacking skills to further probe this device's capabilities.

Having said that, there IS a video of an FC40 with motor audio on Youtube. But this is starting to feel like a leprachaun hunt.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj