FC40 camera upgrade without gimble

Reaction score
I purchased my FC40 a few months ago and love it. A question though. The stock standard camera quality is a bit average. Is it possible to fit a better camera without having to install gimbles etc? I want one that hooks up to my mobile phone the same way the standard one does if possible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please

You can use a GoPro. Just get a vibration-damped GoPro mount. You'd probably want to get a range extender to get decent range from it, though.

Check this thread out I made a while back.
viewtopic.php?t=21307&p=194712
It's quite an expensive option and I have no idea how far the range of the WiFi would be but the latency seems good on the videos. This might be the soloution to your problems if you're game for risking it and buying it assuminggood WiFi range... Otherwise if you're not looking to have to seriously instal a gimball go for the walkera g-2d as all you need to make it work is to bolt it on the bottom of the phantom and plug in a compatible battery. With a gopro it's a very good option if you use the fc40 camera for fpv by velcroing it to the battery door.

thanks for the replies. Ill check out the other thread and also the options with the walkera. Ill post updates with what the outcome is

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers