Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FC40 CAMERA-SHORT RECORD TIMES

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by 2014fc40, Apr 21, 2014.

1. 2014fc40

We flew a bit this weekend and upon looking at the recorded videos noticed something odd. It should have recorded one long video. Instead it recorded chunks it named "loopXXXX". I got loop0001, looop0002, etc. Each loop was 3 minutes or under.

Any ideas? I dont remember seeing anything in settings for this. I did format the card, maybe that had something to do with it... :?

2. Mandrake

Looks like the card wasn't big enough of was not a 10 ....

Sent from the thing that does everything.

3. 2014fc40

Mmm, nope, the card is a 32GB. Its worked fine before. Now all the sudden I get a bunch of 3 minute recordings.

4. 2014fc40

I guess no one else has had video files named loopxxx?

It's esp. odd since the first couple of recordings were actually named correctly, then the rest are loop001, loop002, etc.

5. DrJoe

go to camera settings in the dji app and reformat the card?

6. fear345

I had a cheap 64gb card bought off ebay that had the same problem, bought a original named one from a local store and the problem stopped.

7. KennyBKK

If you start recording by pressing button on the camera, the file will be named LOOPxxx.mp4 and rotate every 3 minutes. The file DJIxxxx.mp4 will be recorded if you use smartphone app to start the recording. And it will be one file until you stop the recording or the camera is out of range.

Kanok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. 2014fc40

KennyBKK, you are the man.

I knew someone would run across this. And yes, it was recording just on the button, not the smartphone.

You get 5 FC40 points, good work.

:D :D :D :D :D

All hail the Kenny!

9. J.James

Actully I was some times getting them named loop001 oo2 etc and some times getting them named DjI1 DJI2 etc and also wondering why some times when I would press the record button I would get a orange flashing led But. Tonight I figured them both out and they are related. Tho when you are using the wifi app it will always record them as on big video named DJIxxx and wont do the loops

But if I start my recording with the button on the camera If i just press it quick I will get a green flashing led and it will do the long videos named DJIxxx BUT If i hold down the record button on the cam for 3 seconds it will flash an orange and and do the loops. If you press the button to stop and just press it again with out holding it in for 3 seconds you will go back in to getting the long DJI vids again.