FC40 Camera recording problems

Reaction score
I´m having problems recording with my phantom fc40.
Before take off i test the camera by recording something the stop recording and view it on the phone. But when i click record on the app ( android) a red light starts to blink in the app that tells me that is recording. I i fly for 10 mins and when try to see the videos i get an error message ( File can not be played) and if i see it on the pc or mac i get Unsupported file.

I dont know what´s going on.

Any idea?
i hope you understand because my english is not so good.

Try a different micro SC card if you have one. That solved the problem for me, even though the card that did not work properly works properly in other applications.

I have the same problems.. I think when you get too far away from your fpv viewer and it drops the signal it stops recording. My camera keeps coming back with the wifi light flashing on the bottom only. I talked to DJI today and the employee said that isn't supposed to happen, but it seems to be the only logical explanation. Also when I come back I can see the fc40 on my wifi but I can't connect to it until I shut it down and restart the camera. If you shut off the camera without stopping the recording it corrupts the video and comes up with the error. It's not a very good system, hopefully they will have an update or something for this.

I agree with Bigbells.. I put in a higher quality sd card and its been working great ever since..

I have the same problem with my FC40. I am using a ScanDisk Ultra class 10, which card did you end up using.

Agreed.. I have a sandisk class 10 now and it fixed all of the recording problems...

I've noticed with mine that if I don't stat with it fully charged it acts weird. I've gone out with it partially charged and it will give me the wifi and look fine until I start recording. I won't lose the wifi on my phone, it'll just lose the connection to the app and stop recording. If I charge it all the way prior to flight it doesn't happen. I've heard cheap sd cards can also have issues, so be sure you buy a class 10 card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I downloaded the app on my iphone and when I open the app I do get a wi-fi signal from the camera, but I get nothing but the blue dji screen. I can't get a picture at all. I have not mounted the camera on the fc40 yet I am just trying it on my desk. I installed a new Sandisk high performance sdhc micro sd and the camera is fully charged but no picture. What am I not doing?
On the blue screen I get the app wi-fi number FC40_S7G3Q7 and I have tried to refresh it several times but nada. :cry:

parkerman said:
I downloaded the app on my iphone and when I open the app I do get a wi-fi signal from the camera, but I get nothing but the blue dji screen. I can't get a picture at all. I have not mounted the camera on the fc40 yet I am just trying it on my desk. I installed a new Sandisk high performance sdhc micro sd and the camera is fully charged but no picture. What am I not doing?
On the blue screen I get the app wi-fi number FC40_S7G3Q7 and I have tried to refresh it several times but nada. :cry:
Have you tapped on the white bar where the FC40_xxxxx connection is showing on that blue screen, in order to make the connection?

Forgive me if that's a dumb question, but it didn't seem terribly intuitive to me to have to tap the wi-fi ID on the FC40 app screen to get it to connect, so I thought that it might be confusing to someone besides myself.

Thanks for the response. I tried what you said and it worked. I tabbed on everything but the white bar on that screen before, but never gave a thought to touching the white bar. I've was bad mouthing the camera for the last few days now I have to take it all back. It was my ignorance. Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.