FC40 camera not turning on

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my fc40 camera out of my closet after 6 months of winter/authumn. When I tried to turn on my camera today, it gave me some green blinking lights. It's wifi network didn't show up on my 5c. After about fifteen seconds it turned of. I tried it a couple of times. After about 4 times it wouldn't turn on at all. I'm kind of desperate to fly my bird. I've only been able to fly it in eyesight. I also have a GoPro 3+ black, so if anyone has a suggestion on upgrading its range, go ahead :). I'm really low on budget as well, so a new camera wouldn't work for me.

Hi, I just got my fc40 camera out of my closet after 6 months of winter/authumn. When I tried to turn on my camera today, it gave me some green blinking lights. It's wifi network didn't show up on my 5c. After about fifteen seconds it turned of. I tried it a couple of times. After about 4 times it wouldn't turn on at all. I'm kind of desperate to fly my bird. I've only been able to fly it in eyesight. I also have a GoPro 3+ black, so if anyone has a suggestion on upgrading its range, go ahead :). I'm really low on budget as well, so a new camera wouldn't work for me.
Is the camera charged since you put it away

My camera has a mind of its own. I've had times when it would be fully charged and work fine at home only to have it refuse to turn on out in the field. Late last year I tried charging it with my iPod charger and it wouldn't turn on. After a couple of weeks I gave it one last try and it worked perfectly. I've seen some on eBay that look just like it for about $50, but the don't really state the range of the wifi signal. I've gotten so used to the fpv aspect I don't really care to fly without it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan