FC40 Camera NO WIFI

Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm new to this site, I have just purchased my new DJI Phantom FC40. I unpacked it all and assembled as per the instructions and the phantom works fine so far, My problem is the camera. I have turned it on and tried to find its WIFI network on my Iphone, and also on a Android phone with no success. I've fully charged it and it doesn't make a difference.
I turn it on after charging and the green light comes on and it flashes quickly along with the WiFi indicator. it will pause every 30 sec or so and then continue to flash quickly again.When its plugged in the computer I can see it as a storage device.
Is there some way of resetting this camera or some way of reloading the firmware.

I also had my FC40 camera only a short time and had the same problems ( fully charged, green wifi light blinking, but no device would see the wifi signal). From previous posts on this forum I was able to determine that there is no way to do a hard reset of the camera. I finally contacted DJI and they confirmed it was a defective camera. I obtained an RMA number and mailed it to them. It has now been 6 weeks and I still do not have my replacement. I hope you have better luck than I am having.

Galen

I have trouble too with finding the camera's wifi signal initially. Several tries with the wifi indicator flashing but not seeing it on the iphone. I was about to give up after 10 minutes of failure when it popped up on the screen. I flew it six times and had no further problems with it. I've no clue as to why it was so difficult early on.
I'm sorry to hear that DJI is taking so long to replace it. Not good customer service.

Tip 1: the blinking green light is just indicating the boot-up of the camera's wifi, connecting to the iPhone is possible only AFTER the green light turns solid.

Tip 2: Remove the dji app from memory before connecting, then only run it AFTER you have successfully connected to the wifi using your Settings app.

Tip 3: I find the dji app connects quicker if you remove All the other apps from memory, and I don't mean delete. Seek Apple ios help,if you don't know the difference.

Hi as one of the previous posts indicates, you need to go to settings on you iPhone / Android /tablet and select the wifi from the FC40 first.

Then once its connected go to the FC40 app and select the camera this should then give you the video signal.

Trust this helps

Lonelycruiser_au said:
Hi guys
I'm new to this site, I have just purchased my new DJI Phantom FC40. I unpacked it all and assembled as per the instructions and the phantom works fine so far, My problem is the camera. I have turned it on and tried to find its WIFI network on my Iphone, and also on a Android phone with no success. I've fully charged it and it doesn't make a difference.
I turn it on after charging and the green light comes on and it flashes quickly along with the WiFi indicator. it will pause every 30 sec or so and then continue to flash quickly again.When its plugged in the computer I can see it as a storage device.
Is there some way of resetting this camera or some way of reloading the firmware.

Are you using a iPhone5(S)?

If so, try an Android or iPhone4(S) instead and test of the problem persists. IPhone5(S) is know to have issues connecting to the FC40.

Thanks guys, I'm using an iPhone 5s but I have tried using Samsung Galaxy note as well. I've tried to flatten the camera as much as possible in the hope it would fresh reboot after charge. I've even removed the app totally of my phone to see if it would pick up the wifi with out the app.
I don't think the camera has finished its boot sequence as it flashes rapidly then pauses for about 3 seconds the flashes rapidly again. I've spoken with an Australian supplier and they can't hepl me. I have reported my problem to my supplier and to DJI ,but still haven't heard from either.

Hi from what you say it does appear your camera is faulty, I just checked mine and the sequence was: press power on the camera, light flashes rapid for few seconds then goes steady. On my android WiFi settings I see the FC40 WiFi which I select, few seconds and this replaces the home WiFi as active (tick) Go to the FC40 app and start it, shows the camera Ident which I select and bingo I get display. I trust your supplier / DJi will exchange the camera if it really is faulty as it appears. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik