FC40 camera is nutz!!! Help!

Reaction score
I have an FC 40 unit.
Had to replace the camera due to a water spill. Original one worked well.
I ordered just the camera. since opening the box, it will only turn on if just pulled from the computer charging it.
after 1 flight, it will not turn on no matter how many times you hit the start button.
if it sits for several days, it will then turn back on!?? Battery holds power for that.
strange note-
during the multiple attempts to turn the camera BACK on , it will occasionally blink in a green cadence NOT listed in the instructions.
blink..................blink, blink. It then turns back off again , not to be turned back on!??? If you reconnect it to the computer for just a minute or two, it will turn back on the first attempt.
What is up with this camera?
during the first flight after disconnecting, perfect video. Once turned off after, Dead!

Help!

BB

Sounds like it just needs a proper charging from a wall plug.

Sucks to hear you had to replace it because it got wet. Mine once when I had a crash and could not find it for 3 days in the rain the camera was actually filled with water. and after a bath in anhydrous alcohol (aka dry gas or gas line dryer) to get all the water out and an hour or so in the over set at 100-120F to boil off any remaining alc the cam worked fine and so didn't the phantom that also was full of water and got the same treatment 3 hours after finding it i was back up and flying.

first thing to do is verify the USB port is powered. not all ports are. secondly, check the power settings for USB port. if your PC goes into sleep mode it may cut power to the ports. most laptops cut power to USB when you close the them.

also, the front light on the camera will turn red if it is charging. blinks while charging and solid when charged. are you seeing this on your camera when plugged into PC?

like what everyone said.

The common issue with this camera is the lack of proper documentation for it.
I believe if you plug it into the computer and tap on the power button, it goes into charge mode.

However, if you have a smartphone charger, use that instead. It will take a while to charge. When its done, the solid red light should turn off.

My FC40 camera does something similar; I can use it with no problems then if I maybe lose signal it'll eventually turn itself off and not come back on for ages. This happened to me in a park last week after a 2 minute flight, so it was off with the props, Phantom battery out, everything packed away into my bag and the despondent walk of annoyance back to the car. When I got in the car I thought I'd give it a try and of course it powered up fine.

I think the crux of the matter here is that the FC40 camera is absolute junk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20