FC40 camera is not focused

Reaction score
I am a total newby....but already hooked.

Just learning to get this machine flying and am now trying to get the camera operational. I have the iphone seeing the video and controlling it properly. The problem is that it is that the image is perfectly clear when the it is on the ground, inches from the grass. But, the image is way out of focus from any distance.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to get it into focus?

Any help is appreciated...
fc40 camera focus.jpg

For most camera assemblies, the focus is adjusted by turning the lens (screwing it in or out). But normally, this is done at the factory and then they put glue on the threads to lock it in place.
You can first try and see if the lens turns at all (without disassembling anything). But if not, you'll need to disassemble the camera enough to get at the threads, remove the glue, focus, and glue it back again.

For most camera assemblies, the focus is adjusted by turning the lens (screwing it in or out). But normally, this is done at the factory and then they put glue on the threads to lock it in place.
You can first try and see if the lens turns at all (without disassembling anything). But if not, you'll need to disassemble the camera enough to get at the threads, remove the glue, focus, and glue it back again.
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to turn from the outside.
- does anyone have experience with exchanging stuff with DJI ?

I accidently hit the zoom button on mine using the fc40 app and mine too went totally out of focus. Try that and see if it comes back into focus. The zoom feature is a total waste on that camera.

I dont think dji would be of much use considering they dont have any more of them to even be able to replace it and also cause they are dji and dont usually know to much about the products they sell other then how to replace them or whats in there flow charts for there help techs. But most stuff once the sale is over and they got your money. Then your pretty much left hanging all on your own. In till of course you want to buy some thing from them again.

How was this resolved? There was a thread about deconstructing the FC40 camera not lot ago. here's one of the pictures

Attachments

• FC 40 cam inside.jpg
    FC 40 cam inside.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,015

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic