FC40 Camera Battery Life?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm still new to this thing. I went out to fly and capture some video today but couldn't get the camera to turn on. It seems as though the battery is dead but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell for sure. This is odd because I charged it not that long ago.

So that leaves me with a few questions:

a. How long should the camera battery last?
b. How long does it take to charge (seems like several hours)
c. Anyone have any problems with the camera discharging without being turned on?

TIA!

I found a trick with my camera, as a newbie had it plugged in to the pc it showed a steady red light, I thought this was charging. I was wrong, I now use my IPad charger, this gives a flashing red light when charging. Once charged the light disappears.

Really? That doesn't mean it's charging? I had that thing plugged in all afternoon after the last outing. Good to know.

I think I found a few answers also. When I put the camera in the housing it has a habit of turning on so I have started leaving it out of the housing until ready for use. Oh, and it seems to take about 3 hours to charge.

Thanks for the reply!

Update...I think it might be charging if plugged in to just the PC USB. I just moved it to the charger (after all afternoon plugged in a USB on the PC) and the red light only flashed for about 30 seconds. So I think it is charging (if it is a powered USB - not all are) but just more slowly.

Thanks!

Getting back to the original question...how long does the battery last for these cameras?

I've run mine for up to 30 minutes of shooting video without running the battery down. I've never left it sit for more that a week after charging, so I don't know what the shelf life is for holding a charge. I'm thinking it should hold for quite awhile.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl