FC40 cam w/ GoPro

Reaction score
So I love using my GoPro - but I love the first person view of the FC40 as well.

My question is whether anyone has successfully flown with both cams attached at once. If so - post a pic of your setup.

Thanks!

rustysd said:
So I love using my GoPro - but I love the first person view of the FC40 as well.

My question is whether anyone has successfully flown with both cams attached at once. If so - post a pic of your setup.

Thanks!

I've heard of people rigging up a mount on the top of the Phantom craft, but I'm not sure how much flight time you'll get if you throw it on a FC-40 (double weight)! It's definitely possibly to tighten down to the top, but it's definitely gonna be a DIY.

Like this?
bd0a196d-d1f2-4edb-9488-7986143f8164_zps9e193365.jpg

Check out my thread on my 'Crash Test FC40' in the FC40 section. It was pretty easy. 9.5" P2V props with twin batteries gets about 18 minutes of flight time. 12 minutes of pretty aggressive flight.

I found a simple solution to this....I basically mounted the GoPro underneath the FC40 phantom via the phantom anti-jello mount, and Velcro'd the FC40 FPV camera to the from the battery compartment. It works pretty well, though I am struggling with some wobbliness at times with the craft (even without the FC40 camera velcro'd to the front)...so I think that is a separate issue.

BMc said:
Like this?
bd0a196d-d1f2-4edb-9488-7986143f8164_zps9e193365.jpg

Check out my thread on my 'Crash Test FC40' in the FC40 section. It was pretty easy. 9.5" P2V props with twin batteries gets about 18 minutes of flight time. 12 minutes of pretty aggressive flight.

Ok - your pic raises a question I asked in another thread which is , where
Do I get that mount for the gopro the allows attachment without waterproof housing .

This would save a great deal of weight. As has been noted , such a mount does not come with the FC40. Where'd you get it?

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I bought it at B&H Photo found here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/9 ... mount.html . It was $7 so I bought 2 just in case. Yes, this saved a ton of weight because when I was flying with the waterproof case and prop guards, I was only getting 6 minutes of flight time WITH TWO BATTERIES!! The craft also weighed in at a portly 3.2 pounds.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic