FC40 Battery Charging Lights

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2200 mah battery for my Phantom FC40 that I just purchased and I'm not sure the battery is working correctly. I'm not sure what the 3 red cell lights are for on the charger but when I plug the battery in the charge status light was solid red so I know it was charging. Now it has been in this state for a while where the red light goes from green to red and back. But one of the 3 red lights that says cell 15 is also blinking. What are the cell lights for? The online manual for the FC40 doesn't explain it and I can't find anything on DJI's website that explains what these cell lights are suppose to be doing. Anyone know what the lights mean? Is this new battery bad?

Wasabijim said:
I purchased a new 2200 mah battery for my Phantom FC40 that I just purchased and I'm not sure the battery is working correctly. I'm not sure what the 3 red cell lights are for on the charger but when I plug the battery in the charge status light was solid red so I know it was charging. Now it has been in this state for a while where the red light goes from green to red and back. But one of the 3 red lights that says cell 15 is also blinking. What are the cell lights for? The online manual for the FC40 doesn't explain it and I can't find anything on DJI's website that explains what these cell lights are suppose to be doing. Anyone know what the lights mean? Is this new battery bad?
It's balancing the 3 cells at the end of the charge cycle, can take quite a while. The bulk of the charge is done from the main connector(red and black) then after 80-90% or so it slow charges by the balance connector to equalize the cell voltages.

Your switch positions should be; LIPo in the left spot. The 1A- 3A switch should be in the center position. Hopefully, you have both battery connectors attached to the charger. The 1S - 3S lights will be on steady (red). Within about 15 minutes of finishing, you will get the red/green light flashing just like you said. When finished, the light will go green. If the 1S light is blinking by itself, make sure all the connections are tight.

The main charge light is still blinking from red to green and the 15 light is also blinking. Just seems the main charging light has been blinking from red to green for quite a while. I've give it a bit more and see if it goes steady green.

jerrymac12000 said:
Give it some time to balance if it is a new battery.

You were right. I just had to wait. It was taking a really long time and longer than the battery that came with the Phantom so I wasn't sure it was ok. I hadn't seen the cell lights blinking before. But all is good now. Thanks.

If the cell light is blinking, it indicates a problem with that cell. Monitor your battery closely, if it does that again, you may have a weak cell.

Oh, and it does not say 1-5 (one - five), it's 1S (one - es). Cell no. 1. :lol:

i have a phantom fc40 and i lost it for a couple of hours yesterday, luckily it landed on the field by my friends mums house and i got it back but the battery was not disconected and it has been depleted. tried charging but it was like charger did not have anything connected, tried again this morning and charge status is flashing red an 1s is flashing red jumping backwards and forwards never flashing at same time. does anyone know what this means? is my broke? Thanks for any help

So when its finished the main lights should be solid green and the balancing lights solid red? Is that correct.

flashing red an 1s is flashing red jumping backwards and forwards never flashing at same time. does anyone know what this means? is my broke? Thanks for any help

It just means it was really drained and that your cells are or were out of balance and it will need to balance them and can take a few hours but once it is dont it should be ok tho it may have taken some of the battery's life out of it. So next few times you fly the battery make note of how long you get before its drained.

i am having a problem with 2 new batteries i got from BH photovideo, i put the batteries on charge and if fine, however when it starts to balance 1s flashes also and this continues for a long period of time.............any suggestions please? this is kinda frustrating because my reason for buying 2 new batteries was to get more flight time and am basically at a stand still

i am having a problem with 2 new batteries i got from BH photovideo, i put the batteries on charge and if fine, however when it starts to balance 1s flashes also and this continues for a long period of time.............any suggestions please? this is kinda frustrating because my reason for buying 2 new batteries was to get more flight time and am basically at a stand still

Had the same problem every other charge on all (different) batteries, very frustrating to wait for hours just to get from 90 to 100%

How I solved this:

I just got a very simple and low cost extra charger via Ebay. Whenever the charger acts up like this I connect the battery to that 2nd charger which just charges it with no problem. The (OEM) DJI charger is not easy to satisfy. It can take a whole day to balance out once it starts doing that. And this way I can charge 2 at the same time.

I too am having this issue, main light flashing red/green which I expected but the 3rd light on top goes red then flashes then goes red is this normal. Cheers

Hi guys hope someone can help me. I bought 2 batteries for my fc40 and although the first battery took several hours to charge it's now fully charged but my issue is the other battery when connected only has the 2s Light flashing and the charge status light isn't even on but if the balance cable is unplugged the status charger flashes green with the battery connected. Please help.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl