Fc40 as safe as p3?

Reaction score
I have the p3 and considering keeping my fc40. For those who are in a similar situation, what do you keep the fc40 for?

And.. Aside from range and telemetry, is the fc40 as safe and reliable as the p3?

And lastly, what happens when it goes out of range? What do you do?

Last edited:
What do you mean by helping your FC40? All 4 of mine are reliable in the sense that I follow the pre flight procedures and have had no issues:) I have added telemetry and an OSD and in terms of range I modified the radio with a better antenna. The limit is 2000 meters in the NAZA software. Once I get out that far it stops and does not go further, so I really cannot go out of range unless I increase the range in the software beyond the radio which I have no idea how far with the modification. I had to test the telemetry system to see how far it goes which is supposed to be 4000 meters, but I can say I wont be going that far and I have no plans to increase the range in the NAZA software to allow it. It took lots for me to go out to 2000 meters, but my friend was waiting at the other end of the forest slightly downhill from the starting point:)

Reactions: IflyinWY
That's excellent beario. Sorry I meant keep the fc40

In my opinion, I would say to keep your FC40. I keep having people wanting to try flying, so it is a good trainer in the stock setup. Only issue is when they ask where to buy one, I cannot suggest where since they are hard to find.

The really nice thing about the FC40 and P1, is that they don't have a mind "other than their own". The P2, and P3 to a much, and I will emphasize the MUCH, greater degree, have a mind controlled by "DJI".

It's like having a 57 Chevy and a 2015 Toyota. Which one is going to do what you tell it to, and which one has firmware which will tell it what to do?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl