FC40 and Android Phones

Reaction score
Hi, I have two phones, and I[hone 4S that work perfectly with the FC40 camera, and a Samsung Note 3 which used to work, but doesn't any more.
I think the problem with the Note 3 is it updated the operating system to KitKat, and since then just says that the connection to the FC40 is too slow, and disconnects from it. Is anyone else having problems with this, or has anyone found a way to force it to work.
Unfortunately the Iphone got dropped, so I'm waiting to replace the screen, so was fed up to find the Note 3 was no long accepting the FC40.
Kim

Seems strange... I'm on KitKat on my Nexus 7 and have no trouble with the app. Maybe delete and reinstall the FC40 app just in case?

This a vague recollection, but I was having that problem with my Samsung G3. Did some research, and I have kind of forgotten exactly what it was, but simply changing a setting on the phone solved the issue. I think it was going into wifi, advanced settings, and unchecking "auto network switch."

If that doesn't solve your problem, use FC40 and whatever that error was, and it'll come up pretty high on the list. So while I've forgotten the fix exactly, there is an easy one...at least I hope it is for you.

Thank you very much guys. I didn't know about the advanced settings, but found them. Altered the Auto Select, and it fixed the problem.....

I have a second problem now, but it's minor. I want to rotate the screen up the other way when using the FC40 App.... Any ideas please?

KimBrown said:
I have a second problem now, but it's minor. I want to rotate the screen up the other way when using the FC40 App.... Any ideas please?

Turn the camera round ?

ROTFL....you know Rob, I just didn't even give that a thought.....
Well done..... Hmmmm it must be the heat here... Clouding the brain.....

Thank You.... :)

AAAAAaaaaaaa but then I've just remembered why that doesn't quite work.... The APPs text would still be upside down...
Not to worry, it was because I wrongly thought that the Note3s screen would rotate in a similar way to the Iphone App.
But alas it doesn't... So I ended up redesigning my Note 3 SunShade to get around the problem....

Just glad that the camera is working again with the Note3...
Thanks again guys...

KimBrown said:
ROTFL....you know Rob, I just didn't even give that a thought.....
Well done..... Hmmmm it must be the heat here... Clouding the brain.....

Thank You.... :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I got my fc40 just this past Friday and have had a tough go at it. The first issue is this same one about the cam losing connection to my note3. I got psyched when I saw you guys solve the issue by turning off that network switch option in the advanced setting. I did that and no change. I turn on cam so it starts flashing looking for my phone. I switch app on and it finds it but then loses connection within a couple of minutes max. Doesn't matter if its in line of sight or any distance. It'll disconnect right in my hands as im sitting in a chair !! UGH !!! Any other possible solutions ? Sooo frustrated :(

KimBrown said:
Hi, I have two phones, and I[hone 4S that work perfectly with the FC40 camera, and a Samsung Note 3 which used to work, but doesn't any more.
I think the problem with the Note 3 is it updated the operating system to KitKat, and since then just says that the connection to the FC40 is too slow, and disconnects from it. Is anyone else having problems with this, or has anyone found a way to force it to work.
Unfortunately the Iphone got dropped, so I'm waiting to replace the screen, so was fed up to find the Note 3 was no long accepting the FC40.
I have the galaxy s3 note with the same or very similar problem. I switched the network auto select and no change in little to no connectivity . Sorry for duplicate post

Which setting was it? Do share, and help us all.

If you go into your network settings you should see an option to turn on or off the optimizer by checking a box. Through a process of elimination I noticed that my box was checked so I unchecked it and guess what ?? :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers