FC200 ver 1.3

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been absent a while. I have not upgraded my P2V+ camera to the new firmware yet. I've searched the forums, but no real useful info on what this upgrade does.

I see I missed the 3.10 upgrade that got taken down. I've been burned on updates before, so I want to be sure before I download the 1.3 FC200 update.

I am running Assistant Version 3.6, and firmware version 3.08. My iPhone app is version 1.0.48.

Any info appreciated.

I did it. Didn't notice any problems or actually any differences either. Oh it reset my video counter sequence...

DrJoe: this is the camera firmware you are referring to correct? Not the WiFi? To update you have to load it to the SD card and start the camera. Do I have my facts right on this one?

Mopar Bob said:
DrJoe: this is the camera firmware you are referring to correct? Not the WiFi? To update you have to load it to the SD card and start the camera. Do I have my facts right on this one?

Yes, I'm referring to the camera firmware, which updates via SD card slot on the gimbal.

Ok, so I went ahead and updated the FC300 firmware to 3.1:

Results? Nothing much. It updated as expected once I changed the name of the file and loaded it onto the SD card and powered up the phantom.

All I noticed was that the vision app on my iPhone now reports the Naza, and camera firmware version in the "about" tab.

10 seconds on Google finds this
The latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware (v1.3.0) fixes the issue of the camera failing to start in some cases and adds the ability to modify the filename prefix of photos if using the DJI SDK. Update your camera firmware according to your needs. Thank you for your support!

Follow these instructions to update your firmware:
1. Download the latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware from the official DJI website and unzip it.
2. Copy the "firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin" file into the root folder of an empty Micro-SD card (less than or equal to 32GB) and rename the file to "firmware_plus.bin".
3. Make sure the camera is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera.
4. Turn on the Phantom. The firmware update will begin automatically. A quick yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
5. When the quick yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the "firmware_plus.bin" filename will change to "firmware_plus.bin.bak00". This file on the card can now be deleted.
6. Restart the camera and the new firmware will be active. Check the firmware version in the DJI Vision app.

Special Notes:
a) During the update, do not turn off the camera, remove the intelligent flight battery, or take out the Micro-SD card. This may cause the update to fail and may require return-to-factory service.
b) A quick red flashing LED on the camera after the quick yellow flashing indicates the update has failed. Please repeat Step 1 to Step 5 above without restarting the camera. Change to another Micro-SD card and try again if the update fails again.
c) Ensure you are downloading the correct firmware. DO NOT mix up the camera firmware of the Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+.
d) The latest DJI Vision app (iOS App: v1.0.46; Android App: v1.0.56) is required.

Meta4 said:
10 seconds on Google finds this

I guess you have a better version of google than I do, LOL! I searched FC200 firmware upgrade 1.3. I got back a boatload of forum posts, but I never found a version info like you did. thanks for that.

Small issue after camera fw update from 1.2.9g to 1.3.0g.

After this update video taken from p2v+ are not anymore playable on my Samsung galaxy note 4 with std video player. I'm only able to reproduce them with mx player in software decoding mode, if I switch to the default hardware mode even MX player is not able to play recorded videos.

Anyone here encountered the same problem?

Always had that issue... I am using 1.2.9g I guess as I did not update yet.
The fix is to lower quality of the video and it should work... Not really an acceptable fix to be honest though, would rather have better quality video.
Maybe give it a try though, see if it works... if it does let DJI know so they can ignore you and perhaps one day fix it.

StevenQX said:

After this update video taken from p2v+ are not anymore playable on my Samsung galaxy note 4 with std video player. I'm only able to reproduce them with mx player in software decoding mode, if I switch to the default hardware mode even MX player is not able to play recorded videos.

justin00 said:
Always had that issue... I am using 1.2.9g I guess as I did not update yet.
The fix is to lower quality of the video and it should work... Not really an acceptable fix to be honest though, would rather have better quality video.
Maybe give it a try though, see if it works... if it does let DJI know so they can ignore you and perhaps one day fix it.

StevenQX said:

The fix? Which fix you're talking about?

Anyway I've checked video format with media tool and the strange thing is that video that I've recorded with 1.2.9g and video that I've recorded with 1.3.0g seems exactly the same...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1