FC200 Straight down filming mod - footage

Reaction score
Many thanks for your neat solution to vertical shots. My attempt to solve the problem by building a new servo mount that could be bolted to the bottom of the existing mount didn't work well. I've now sawn the lugs on my camera like yours and can now tilt vertically down. And with the camera pointing down it doesn't project below the standard legs so it still fits in my custom backpack.

I've added photos below showing how the mount needs to be shaped. Note that my mount has a white plastic surface but is black (carbon-fibre?) underneath. Not also that the camera 'horns' are hollow and the interior exposed when you cut them down. Be careful too that you don't clog the fan (under that grill) while trimming. I covered it with plastic tape while cutting the horns.

Attachments

• vmod1.jpg
    vmod1.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 1,247
  • vmod2.jpg
    vmod2.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 1,331
Question when you turn on phantom does your camera pitch's down when I turn on mine it pitches down I have to turn wheel to bring level drive me nutts

Question when you turn on phantom does your camera pitch's down when I turn on mine it pitches down I have to turn wheel to bring level drive me nutts
I have to do that with my RPG and just when powering up the quad I hold the wheel up and it don't go down .
Last nite will working on an issue I had I did find a way to stop that but it does have a draw back .
The fix was in assistant here where it says Sticks Monitor I clicked Norm and it reversed it . Now when I power up the camera goes up !!
Drawback !!! It reverses your wheel movement . Roll wheel up and camera goes down and wheel down ..camera come's up.
Left mine as it was but just sharing what I saw ;)
IMG_1091.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.