FC200 Focus Problems

Reaction score
Just thought I would pass this along. I had very poor focus on my FC200, soft focus on the right side and poor overall focus.

Following the advice on other threads posted here, I adjusted the tension of two of the screws holding the lens assembly (fixed the right side issue, adjusted the overall focus by turning the lens. After making the adjustments, I took several pics with the lower housing off of the camera, to fine tune the focus, there was a lot of improvment in image quality. After reinstalling the rubber ring around the lens, the front cover and lower housing, the quality dropped off, much better than before the adjustments but worse than with the covers off.

Turns out that on my unit, the front, round cover pushes on the lens assembly when the camera screws are tightend. I checked and checked the mounting of all parts, thinking that I assembled something wrong. Nope, it just doesn't fit properly, the lens hole in the front plate is not concentric to the lens. Leaving the rubber ring off solved the problem for me, I am not too worried about dust ingress since I use a filter.

YMMV,

John

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj