FC cam and IPAD-------DJI READ THIS

Reaction score
I want DJI to read this and make changes-

The App for IPAD is almost ridiculous. WHY would anyone cover the viewed image with a semi transparent set of controls?

It makes no sense. IPADs have a huge background bar top and bottom. It just looks STUPID to have GIANT controls covering %20 of the viewable area. I dont write Apps, but I know good graphics very well. And this ain't a good job. If the programmer was to turn this in as a educational type project, it would fail on graphics layout design alone.

Sure, it's functional. But it should be, BUT it's functional on a control level only.

Why mess up an already small image with giant buttons on it? It's not a background dmbass, its an active view.

You cant make the image larger, we get it. But, you could have moved the controls off the image. Besides, the file/camera/tools buttons dont even need to be so freaking HUGE.

DJI, I hope you are listening and can release a new version for IPADs. We use them, and we like mostly everything about the FC40 cam (except for 720P)-

the explanation and reasoning in that stupidity concept is because ...made in china :!:

thank god no cars imported from china to the u.s.a. ! can you imagine that :?:

DJI says connecting to the FC40 via an iPad is "available but not recommended". Thank you for letting us know at least one of the reasons that the manufacturer does not recommend your viewing device for connecting to the FC40 app.

It makes no sense not to use an IPAD. None. The App simply needs to be rewritten using some intelligent button layout.

Covering the viewable image is ridiculous and it's so easily remedied.

If this is the only reason they might (somewhere, I dont know where) recommend not using an IPAD, It's a poor excuse.

Why wouldn't you use the largest device to view a flying machine FPV?

I roll my eyes at this App writer: :roll: :roll: twice. Get with the program. Cant hack it? Get your jacket.

C'mon App devs. Lets see some action. No one needs zoom anyway. Micro the settings set and move the cam/vid funtion to the bottom horiz.

The "available but not recommended" status for the iPad is right there in the user manual for the FC40, page 21. The user manuals for Phantom Vision models have the same lists of recommended and non-recommended devices.

Thanks for pointing out the disclaimer location. Still doesn't change my stand on the poor layout programming.

2014fc40 said:
Thanks for pointing out the disclaimer location. Still doesn't change my stand on the poor layout programming.

in other words, why dji cant make it a good design/worrking for ipad ? other than cheap shot !

mtpisgah said:
2014fc40 said:

in other words, why dji cant make it a good design/worrking for ipad ? other than cheap shot !

I don't know if you're old enough to remember WW Diablo II, but it was something. It wasn't so much a world war, but a war between Koreans and Americans. A few Canadians were drug into the mix (they always are) thus the world war thing.

So for the very first time that I'm aware of Americans and Koreans are gaming together, and really not getting along. Language was an issue because while the Koreans were able to communicate in English it was mostly broken, and Americans are not a very patient group. Things started to get ugly when the Americans would inquire as to the average time it took a Korean woman to have a bowel movement (nine months), and the Koreans would respond by going hostile and screaming 18 (it means FU in Korean).

There were skirmishes back and forth, until the Americans devolved a secret weapon. Communication at this point was hopeless, so the Koreans modified their chat client with the Korean character set. This left a vulnerability in the Korean chat client because the character set doesn't contain a period. Now every time an American encountered a Korean in the game and wanted rid of them they would type in a series of dots and spaces (... .. ... ..), and this would cause the Koreans to lag off the server.

The point to all this is there was a huge cultural divide, at best this is being carried over in design, at worst DJI really doesn't care. You wouldn't think it would really cost them any thing to provide better documentation on their products, but they don't. I'm often perplexed by what they do.

And for the record I think Koreans are a beautiful, bright, and hard working group, and have nothing but respect for them, but I don't always understand them very well.

Interesting parallel.

So you are saying we are suffering the consequences of Engrish and the result is similar to poorly written Asian resturant menus?

:lol:

Not sure that a poor attempt at vastly uncool layout is the same as bad spelling. But OK, I'll go with it.

I'm out.
:geek:

2014fc40 said:
Interesting parallel.

So you are saying we are suffering the consequences of Engrish and the result is similar to poorly written Asian resturant menus?

:lol:

Not sure that a poor attempt at vastly uncool layout is the same as bad spelling. But OK, I'll go with it.

I'm out.
:geek:

lol No I'm saying we don't all look at things the same way. For all I know they consider the improvement of that App frivolous, or it could be at the top of their to do list. Judging by their actions they think it's frivolous, and add that to the fact that we keep buying Phantoms...

The thing is, they've got the right of it. Until there's a better game in town, whatcha' gonna do?

2014fc40 said:
The App for IPAD is almost ridiculous.
Not necessarily that I speak in their defense, but the app is not designed for iPad. It's an iPhone-only app and you are running it in zoom mode. Therefore, the rest of the comments regarding the huge size and awkward placement of buttons might be related to your using the app on a device it's not intended to be used.

What you really are asking for is an iPad app, as for now you don't have one available.

If I'd be in their place, I wouldn't release an iPad or universal app either. As soon as they would do that, the customers would start demanding iPad holders, which are not available from DJI. Depending on local laws, customers might get away with refunds and demands for compensation on a supposedly non-working product. Why then create a problem if there isn't one?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie