FC-40 transmitter antenna problem..

Reaction score
Today I opened the transmitter of my FC-40 and while I "carefully " separated both halves
The black antenna wire pulled loose from where it's supposed to be connected. Does anyone
Have a photo of where the black antenna wire is supposed to be? I have a bad feeling about this
So any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 857
The wire is a small coaxial wire, it has come out at the top of the small tin cover just below the gimbals, I would say it's going to need re soldering.

The mini U.FI connector has pulled off the cable. Here is one option. Buy this cable and antenna http://www.ebay.com/itm/130934950957?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT . It will plug in after the white glue and old connector is removed. The RP SMA connector for the antenna to screw on will have to be mounted in the plastic controller housing after drilling a hole. There surely are many other options available, maybe even the original antenna not sure.

Ok, Now that i know where the cable was supposed to go, I took a closer look and see the white glue.I could solder the wire back on the connector to make the connection again. But, is there an advantage to using the antenna/cable from ebay? The seller is also asking DBI? I'm not sure what this is referring to? I really appreciate your help....

I just assumed anyone that didn't know where the cable went also would have trouble re-installing the connector. It is more than just a wire. It is a coaxial cable with a center conductor and a shield. The advantage to eBay item is it will work. If you don't properly re-install the IPX connector it wont work. Also the eBay item will give you the option of screwing on different antenna or even a directional antenna for more range.

I didnt realize its a coax cable...it may be the smallest coax ive ever seen! To make matters worse, I thought there would be a male/female connector at the small metal box that the coax connects to so I attempted to seperate a connector that doesnt exist. Now I have a broken silver box that the antenna cable connects to. This stuff is so small I dont think I can repair it now. Any ideas where I can purchase a "silver tx box" I dont even know what its called%#@$%@! Just to be clear its the small electrical (silver box) that the black antenna cable connects to inside the transmitter. Im going to have to buy a antenna and the box the antenna connects to. Frustration has set in but im gonna call this a learning experience. Thanks again for your help.....

It made sense that it was some type of connector in order to repalce the antenna. But this stuff is so small(and covered in the white glue) I spent an hour cleaning the white glue and still couldnt see a connector.This site has been a great source of info. Thanks Ramz for your replies, they have helped me out a ton. Merry Christmas to you...!

I see in your pic there is or at least was a connector on the tiny stub of wire that was left thats sticking out of the glob of silicone.

Heres what the female part looks like if you look at the tiny end of this replacement wire ---->
$_57.JPG

after you lift off the female connector thats on your wire there is a male connector soldered to the board. Providing it did snap off the board when you pulled the silicone off thats like this ---->
$T2eC16F,!yEE9s5jDVpHBQkv4-2PGw~~60_35.GIF

and ya they are tiny but if you think that mini pci coax connector is small you should see how small a ultra mini one is. They are not much bigger then poppy seed.

If you can find the connector and its not popped off the board. You can get any 5.8ghz antenna that will screw on to one of the pci to sma pig tails and even a 3 dbi one will give you a lot more range then the stock on will

coyote107 said:
Today I opened the transmitter of my FC-40 and while I "carefully " separated both halves
The black antenna wire pulled loose from where it's supposed to be connected. Does anyone
Have a photo of where the black antenna wire is supposed to be? I have a bad feeling about this
So any help would be greatly appreciated

This happened to me as well, only a few days after I got it. But in my case, the wire didn't break, the connector was torn off the TX board.
At that moment I didn't know it was a connector because it was covered with glue, I presumed it was soldered directly to the board as with the older P1 Tx's.

I just cleaned the soldering area with a knife, cut off the glue blob (with connectors hidden in it) from the wire and soldered it directly to the board, not even realising it was a coax cable. I think I got lucky. No noticeable difference in range. Have been flying with it for more than 6 months and no problems.

I ordered another transmitter so i can get the fc40 up in the air again. But, im not giving up on my old transmitter yet,going to try and clean and solder the connector back to the tx board. maybe upgrade the antenna and see what happens.. Thanks for everyones replies...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic