FC-40 shell or P2 shell

Reaction score
Decided that a neighbors tree was too tall and attempted to trim it with my P1.1.1, not really but close enough. As a result the darn tree tossed me into a fence, the back side of a garage, then finally the dirt.

So seems like a good time to re attach a broken arm and find a few upgrades along the way. I like the neatness of the FC-40 USB plug, seems like an easy swap. But also liking the options a P2 shell brings, especially the battery bay.

Thoughts??

LOL you need to use CF props when trimming trees :D
Never herd anyone doing the FC40 shell but a lot have done the P2 shell you would be in the 1.5 class . I say P2 more options bigger battery = more flight time ;)
GL
Let us know how you go :)

I thought FC40 only because it's basically identical to the P1, they just moved yet USB plug to a dedicated hole in the body. No long grey USB cable inside anymore. Figured it would be very straight forward.

P2 is the same way mini USB in shell .

This looks like a pretty good deal for P2 shell and I happily purchased other items from this seller recently:

DJI Phantom 2 / Vision Part 8 Replacement Body Shell

There were 10 available couple days ago and now only 2. Going fast, good deal…

I was also tempted to do P2 shell simply to go for bigger internal battery. But I discovered external battery mount on the rear of my P1 helps better balance with gimbal and GoPro hanging on the front.

The only mods required were slotting the battery door for wire entry/exit. Parallel power cable of course but very sensible way to get 14-15 min flying time (plus 3-5min reserve) using stock shell.

Plus, the rear battery mount managed to fit my case with minimal trimming too. But, if I had to replace my shell I would definitely be looking to do the P2 mod.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers