Fc 40 or the vision 2 ?

I don't, others do! If you have no other multirotor experience it might be a good idea. As well as the safety factor if you hit someone, they'll save breaking props if you tip over or have an encounter with one of those very mobile trees that seem to appear when quads are about. They do take up more space for storage of the aircraft when fitted, though, and as they are screwed on it's not a rapid thing to change them out.

Just watch out for a little "gotcha" if you do go for them - keep the original motor mount screws that you change for the provided longer screws when installing the guards. If/when you take them off DON'T just put the longer screws back in - you will drive right up into the motor windings and trash your motors. Use the original shorter screws you kept...

Hi
I had a phanthom 1 & loved it
I did learn about those screws the hard way as I have others have done as well ,
Do you gave a favorite caring case for the vision 2 ?
That's my next project
Did your weather get any better for you to fly yet ?
Ours hasn't , got another snow storm today
Temps are in the low 20s , this winter has been one for the books as it's never been this bad
Waiting on pins & needles for the v2 to arrive
Did you have to balance your props ? I believe the v2 has self tighting ones ?
Still need a spanner to tighten or is by hand good enough ?
Have you shot stills or video with yours ?
Or posted it on line ?

In order...

I have the cheap Duratool case. Vision goes in props off.

Weather was good end of last week. Batteries now on storage charge again :(

Half my props were balanced out the box, half were off. I did balance mine but there's no noticeable difference in video quality, just a bit less wear on the bearings hopefully.

Self-tightening, spin on and off with finger tips. Unless you've crashed and a prop gets wound on a bit then use the little tool DJI provide to give a bit of leverage.

Shot both. Any of the vids in my sig will let you get to my YouTube channel which had flight vids as well as how to stuff.

Pull_Up said:
http://cpc.farnell.com/duratool/d00468/water-resistant-tool-box-515x415x225mm/dp/SG32901?crosssellid=SG32901&crosssell=true&in_merch=true&

Holds however many you can cut foam to fit. At least three.

Out of stock above but might find elsewhere.

Thanks, out of stock it seems.

It looks the same as the Maplin one at £50, might have to wait to see if they reduce it again.

Thanks

I've sectioned mine off so it takes the aircraft with lens filter kit attached, 2 full sets of props, lens filters pouch, phone sunshade and bumper case to attach it on, tx with range extender attached, room for 3 flight batteries (without putting one in the aircraft), 2 spare sets of AAs, hex driver, screw driver and prop/motor wrench, digital anemometer, documents behind the foam in the lid. I can take the charger as well if required with a bit of jiggling. I have "decorated" the outside of it with various of coloradosky's excellent products (see www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php ).

My work on the pick & pluck foam won't win any beauty awards :shock: , and I'm sure the layout could be made more efficient that I have done it, but it works for me and was cheap. It's a good size for carrying from car to take-off site and makes a good launch/landing pad if the ground is dusty, wet or muddy (mainly the latter two here over the last few months!). If you can find one of similar dimensions then it should work well.

I leave the aircraft stored in the case at home, but I don't have the case lid fastened shut so there's no pressure on anything while we wait for more sun or less wind...

i was battling the same issuue, but i went with the vision....its pretty incrediable, i was not expecting the stability from such a small machine....picture quality is supurb....i have the gopro cam, and to be honest i think the cameras are a toss up....obviously the go pro can get wet and take a beating, im pleasesd however.....

I wouldnt say its 100 percent ready to fly out of the box, i mean it is but you should do your checks upgrade and common sense setup

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1