FC 40 Camera question

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out what the slot is for on the camera body? It looks like there should be some bracket that connects to it but I haven't found any information on it. Also, anyone using the FC40 camera in combo with a gopro? One for FPV and other on a gimbal for recording? I'm thinking about mounting it to the battery door via velcro (would like to make use of that slot on camera if i can figure out what's it for).

Thanks

Looks like it was originally made to slide onto a mount, but they later decided to go with a camera holding mount that can be adjusted. Just my .02 anyways, as for using a gopro and the fc40 camera together, I'd just Velcro it to the door, and also secure the door itself with Velcro to keep it from popping open.

I may try to figure out a way to design a bracket that will utilize that slot on the camera directly and mount it above the battery door. I had the same concern as you about reenforcing the door somehow, so this would alleviate the need for that. I'm probably over complicating it but it's what makes this thing fun.

that slot is there because it isn't a DJI camera at all. It is an OEM product that is sold under many brands including Rollei. The other brands supply this cam with a bracket that goes into that slot, some even add a underwater housing and helmet mount. The other brands all have sound recording though in the DJI version this is disabled, I presume in the firmware, I can't believe the completely redesigned it just to kill the microphone. DJI apparently decided to kill the sound to minimise latency over wifi. And it performs amazingly good up to 100m compared to a Gopro on wifi, as far as latency goes.

As for the bracket, you might find it on a Chinese site as a spare part. Or check Rollei, maybe they sell them as a separate item.

http://www.shopperissimo.com/shop/c...ni-wifi-camcorder-1-action-camera-720-pixels/

Attachments

• 4a466e81beb1-100x100.jpg
    4a466e81beb1-100x100.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 511
Well one thing i can say is firmware wont be able to get the sound working being there is no mic inside the fc40s camera any ware. Tho it might be able to change other things being they also use the same internal parts in some of that brands other camreas that have high resolution pics and video.

Thanks for the comments and I've probably found out more about the camera than I could ever expect. I made my own mod that seems to have worked out well which is to mount the stock camera mount on top of the battery lid cover, from there I used the stock camera mount upside down so my FPV now sits almost at the same level as the props. I have my cheapo gimbal with gopro underneath. I offset the loss of flight time due the extra weight of the gimbal with a zippy 2800 battery. I'll share pics when I have a chance to get it out over the weekend.

Lake_flyer was holding out on me! I stumbled across your yellow phantom, nicely done.

Hi Just new to this forum a UK flyer in North Yorkshire. I'm on my second FC40, as the 1st one decided to turn into a submarine! Sold off the shell for parts and put towards a new one. I'm very interested in your Mod putting the stock camera on the battery door as I am thinking of doing that exact copy....Any advice or tips, e.g how have you fixed the camera mount to the door? I worked out if you put the camera in the mount upside down and back to front this could avoid loss in the event of a crash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31