Faulty Motor Replaced

kloader said:
Moose said:
Thanks good info! BTW what is that black lense cover shown on your Avatar? Is that something you own,made ect??... I want 1!
Moose
It's a circular polarizer filter.

I use an old Pentax lens cover now have DJI filter attachment and circ PL fitted, has variable catch so fits on 46-52 MM filter threading ....

CunningStuntFlyer said:
Miniflexalex said:
That's the problem I'm having with my rig and I'm thinking that one motor is faulty.

I had a bad motor and did not have those symptoms.

My bad motor (windings were very loose) would get excessively hot and my flight times were cut in half (due to the NAZA pumping so much power to the bad motor to maintain a level attitude).

Once I replaced it flight times went back to normal and the problematic motor was the same temp as the rest of the motors.

CSF ... Did you replace with stock DJI motors when replacing ?? or upgrade to Tigers (phantom set) as I have seen a few people do ?? ... seems lose use of self tightening props if do ..... but they say have little better performance ... do you think gain in performance outweighs stock ease of use ??

havasuphoto said:
Anti-gravity motors have CW and CCW threaded motors for the Phantom ;)

If these T-Motors are such better performers I cant see why you would replace old/broken with further DJI stock motors ??

looks like only loss is self tightening props ??

GMANNZ said:
havasuphoto said:
Anti-gravity motors have CW and CCW threaded motors for the Phantom ;)

Will check them out cheers HP ....
I think they're called T-motors.....only reason I know is I saw them on someone's Phantom, and they had black and silver tipped Phantom Vison self-tightening props.
I think they're about $189!!! Stock motors are around $23 each......red stock motors are a dollar more, but I don't think they make the red anodized motors with the reverse threads.

Let us know if you go with the T-motors. I'm always looking at "upgrades"....just not right now. Still sorting out this Zen situation I have(long story).

I am having the same issue, it alway jerks to the right, then eventually stabilizes.
I think I may have two faulty motors. One spins a bit slow on idle and seems to start spinning just a fraction of a sec on late. The other has the sound of a bad bearing.
I am using factory replacements and they are in the mail. From what I have read the T-motors are a great upgrade for the original Phantom but the P2V motors are just as good. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks for your story on the bad motor.

ResevorDG said:
I am having the same issue, it alway jerks to the right, then eventually stabilizes.
I think I may have two faulty motors. One spins a bit slow on idle and seems to start spinning just a fraction of a sec on late. The other has the sound of a bad bearing.
I am using factory replacements and they are in the mail. From what I have read the T-motors are a great upgrade for the original Phantom but the P2V motors are just as good. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks for your story on the bad motor.
I may be wrong, but I thought the P2V motors had the same part numbers as Phantom 1 and 2......

......from what I have seen the T-Motors say they have 15% more power than stock DJI motors and 8% better performance in power consumption ... so longer flight times and more grunt apparently ..... this saving alone just about makes the rotorpixel gimbal addition to the P2v negligible ..... as T-Motors give more thrust and use less power, which by rights should just about cancel out the adding of the extra weight and power needs for the gimbal ?? ... we shall see when gimbal and new motors arrive and I have time to compare.

GMANNZ said:
......from what I have seen the T-Motors say they have 15% more power than stock DJI motors and 8% better performance in power consumption ... so longer flight times and more grunt apparently ..... this saving alone just about makes the rotorpixel gimbal addition to the P2v negligible ..... as T-Motors give more thrust and use less power, which by rights should just about cancel each other out ??

I have seen this two but you loose the self tightening props with the T-Motors. And they are comparing the Phantom one Motors that have nuts to keep the props on.
There has been talk that these phantom motors are the same the self tightening one and then some have said they are different. Does anyone know for sure?

ResevorDG said:
GMANNZ said:
......from what I have seen the T-Motors say they have 15% more power than stock DJI motors and 8% better performance in power consumption ... so longer flight times and more grunt apparently ..... this saving alone just about makes the rotorpixel gimbal addition to the P2v negligible ..... as T-Motors give more thrust and use less power, which by rights should just about cancel each other out ??

I have seen this two but you loose the self tightening props with the T-Motors. And they are comparing the Phantom one Motors that have nuts to keep the props on.
There has been talk that these phantom motors are the same the self tightening one and then some have said they are different. Does anyone know for sure?

heres a P2V upgrade with T-Motors http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwD-Vtc3qI8 and seems to show no self tightening props used ... still no real indication though whether they do fit .... Am thinking not so far from what have seen and read !!??

helipal.com .... advises on T-Motors as no you cant use self tightening http://www.helipal.com/t-motor-mn2214-920kv-motor-for-phantom-brushless-motor-2212-920kv.html

These seem to indicate that 2 of the 4 nuts tighten CW....so it appears they are self tightening;
http://www.amazon.com/T-Motor-MN2214-motors-Phantom-upgrade/dp/B00ECOBPE0

However, read the comments; there appears to be some confusion on whether or not the vision props will fit onto the shafts. So, wait until someone that actually owns these can tell you if they work.
i've spoken to 1 member that has the t-motors, and he told me he's using self-tightening stock vision props on a phantom 1.0.....but, like I said-wait for someone else to confirm that.

I believe the first batch or two of the T-motor anti-gravity set for the Phantom were produced without the cross-threading needed for self-tightening props. However, that changed a long time ago, and the ones I bought last October already had the changed threads. I've been using the P2 props on them since Dec.

MN2214-11 is the part number for the ones I have, I seem to recall that the earlier production models (with the wrong threads for this) didn't have the -11 at the end.

It's possible that helipal's warning is just way outdated from when that was actually the case.

MdPjwnLl.jpg

DKXjdGtl.jpg

2mQ9IDkl.jpg

(That's a 1.2 Phantom, btw)

Looking at helipal's listing, I see now that it's labeled as being the older model (without the -11), even though most of the pictures show the newer model. I'd get confirmation from them on which they're selling, if that's where you plan to buy.

You can buy them here from Amazon. Next day deliver.
From the description they are not the -11 model. But look at the answers to "does it take the DJI self tightening"
It's mixed. My bet is that the -11 are the ones shipping from here.

Just ordered them, I will know tomorrow night.

http://www.amazon.com/self-tightening-p ... YF4T3P8XCB

T-motors arrived from Amazon. They are the -11 model. The dJI brand props fit. It's a tight fit, not as slick as stock but it fits.

I will install this weekend and see if that fixes my hard left jerking.
OP did you watch the video? Was that similar to your problem?

Mn2214 motors won't suit the self tightening props . . .

However, the tiger motors MN2214-11 motor have the correct thread to use with self tightening props (assuming you get the motor direction correct when soldering)!

ResevorDG said:
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Here is a video of P2V acting up.
OP is this what your flights were looking like?

This is a new problem for me, my prior flights were under control.

http://youtu.be/yoY9Xhm3dlI

No, my P2V was drifting a fair distance in a straight line, but only after yawing approximately 30 degrees or more. It would then stabilize and hover as designed (no twitching or jerking). Good luck with the motor replacement.

T-Motors with the -11 have changed a little since the above photo.
They now say either CW or CCW. Unfortunately mine were backwards. The CW is the CCW and the CCW is the CW. Luckily I noticed.
They do indeed take the self tightening props, though they fit snug around the base.

Took it out today. The P2V still has a little bit of a jerk to left but it's not as bad. I plan to do a good prop balance soon.

When I run the motors at idle without blades, 3 of them feel smooth on the side one feels like it is out of balance. This same location felt a bit off with the other motors. I wonder now if my case is not perfect?
Anyone else notice this?

Still loving my drone BTW, I just like things to be the best they can be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20