Faulty Gimbal

Reaction score
Hey Phantom Pilots,

My H3-2D acts like it is losing power in flight. Sometimes I have control of the gimbal using the slider and sometime no function at all. Here is a link to a video of what's happening.

https://vimeo.com/106339132

It looks like it is going into protect mode. Has it got any crash damage or dust ingress?

Check to see if the motors turn freely in all directions. If not, get an aerosol air cleaner and blow out the motor housings. You may also have a lightly bent shaft causing the motor to bind at a certain point, putting the whole gimbal into protect mode.

Probably worth updating the firmware and also doing the control calibration on the remote and the quad itself.

noiseboy72 said:
It looks like it is going into protect mode. Has it got any crash damage or dust ingress?

Check to see if the motors turn freely in all directions. If not, get an aerosol air cleaner and blow out the motor housings. You may also have a lightly bent shaft causing the motor to bind at a certain point, putting the whole gimbal into protect mode.

Probably worth updating the firmware and also doing the control calibration on the remote and the quad itself.

+1

No crashes. I plan to do a cal on quad this weekend.

I had the same thing happen to me. It was actually the power supply on the MB for the Phantom. It affected the FPV range too.

Jeff Clack said:
I had the same thing happen to me. It was actually the power supply on the MB for the Phantom. It affected the FPV range too.

:shock: Wow, interesting...how did you manage to diagnose that? P1 or P2? Did you just replace the mainboard or use a workaround?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr