Faulty battery charger.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this; if not, my apologies in advance.

My P2V and associated equipment was delivered about three weeks ago. I doubt very much if I have cycled the two batteries included more than twenty times, their usage being spread pretty evenly.

Today, having run one battery pretty low, I put it on charge as usual. It started to charge, there being no indication of any problem. But when I went to use it, it was in the same discharged state as before. When I try to charge it, the indicator light on the charger just pulses red, rather than showing a steady glow ( which is what I think it used to do, when charging).

I discharged the second battery to below 50% and the result is the same, a refusal to charge. Before I contact the supplier, I just wanted to check, just in case I was missing something here. Perhaps a re-set of some sort? I checked with a multimeter and there is juice at the charger terminals, but I'm not proficient enough with a multimeter to determine with any accuracy what the reading means. I think it must be much lower than expected, but I can't be sure.

Just wondering: have any of you guys encountered a similar problem?

Thanks in advance.

If the battery has been depleted and will not connect to charger (green light) then it seems you have a bad charger. You could
connect it to your assistant software if its not below 8% charge and check the cells.

Otherwise, I'd definitely be calling your retailer or vendor you purchased your Vision through. Since it is brand new, they should replace either the charger or battery(s) without question.

Yep, checked the cells on the batteries and they're both A-okay. For whatever the reason, the charger would appear to be at fault.

Update: I have just spoken with a guy at rcgeeks, the original vendor, and he has agreed to send a replacement charger, no questions asked. And just to make it worth their effort (and as a minor reward for good marketing practice), I have asked him to also include a Hubsan, so I can hone my hovering skills when the weather is bad.

Now, all I need to do is find a suitable explanation to offer to my wife...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20