Fatuba or stock receiver

Reaction score
I've been reading great things about the stock Phantom 2 receiver and it's range. I'm wondering if it's worthwhile installing my Fatuba T8J (from my Phantom 1) into the Phantom 2 or just stay with the stock setup. I believe the technologies are different - but correct me please.

So what is the range you are getting with your current stock radio that you are looking into better range?

How much better range do you expect the Futaba to give you to be worth the money?

Money isn't the issue as I already have the Fatuba. I've never really tested the range on either the stock receiver or the Fatuba. It just seems the Phantom 2 stock receiver is performing so well that I'm wondering if there is ANY reason/advantage to install the Fatuba T8J?

The biggest reasons why bought one is for extra controls, extra channels to do something like a camera trigger.

I have it setup like this:

t8fgs-controls.jpg

From the research I did, there are no reliability benefits. And range on stock radio is often better than on Futaba 8FG. It's a wash. But the extra controls are nice.

You can bind your Futaba FASST Tx with the P2's DESST OEM receiver without any internal changes.
This way you can have all the benefits of a programmable Tx with none of the swap out hassles.

You'll find that the primary factor in range is local conditions. Even those change from time to time.

Thank You. Think I will bring in the Fatuba once I feel like I need another switch - like for whenever DJI comes out with an update that allows remote start and stop recording on the Gopro. That's something that was mentioned many many months ago as a future feature.

You all forgot about the COOL factor ! :cool: :lol:

750r said:
You all forgot about the COOL factor ! :cool: :lol:

More switches and levers are a true sign of an expert flyer. :)

Plus, it's also the hip color black, only inferior to carbon. :D

I installed a t10j on my phantom and for more fine tuned controls it's great.. Range??? We'll, The stocker wins but only by a little bit and to be honest it is was stupid to fly it as far as it would go (1/2 mile+)...

Unless you need more fine precise controls stick with the stocker!! It works really well!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik