Fatsharks or Glyph?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have someone of you tried any of these two googles? I'm trying to pick one for cinematic comercial use and of course I don't want to buy both to find that out!

Hi guys,

Have someone of you tried any of these two googles? I'm trying to pick one for cinematic comercial use and of course I don't want to buy both to find that out!

Forget them get the DJI Goggles, they are probably the best ATM from what I have l heard!

DJI announced their goggles a while ago and they looked amazing, but it's uncertain when they're going to be ready.

I just bought the Glyph for the versatility of them. I can game and watch movies on them also.
I also like that I can move my eyes up or down and see.

Have someone of you tried any of these two googles?
I own both the Avegant Glyph headset and the Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles. I like the Glyph better for the following reasons:
  • The picture is larger and clearer
  • They are easier to put on and take off (since they attach like headphones)
  • While wearing them, it's possible to look down and see your mobile device
The only think I like better about the Fat Shark goggles is that they do not cover your ears.

I like the Glyph better for the following reasons:
  • The picture is larger and clearer
MSinger, the Glyph's appeal to me as well for a lot of reasons, but I'm concerned about the brightness of the display in sunlight, since you can look around the glasses? Are you able to easily see the image on the Glyph's while immersed in sunlight? Also, since I've got your ear and you've got both, what are the disadvantages of the Glyph's?

Thanks in advance!
Stach

Are you able to easily see the image on the Glyph's while immersed in sunlight?
I haven't had any trouble using mine outside. The headset covers your eyes, so it would be tough for sunlight to sneak in.

what are the disadvantages of the Glyph's?
All goggles/glasses have disadvantages. Other than the cost, it would be nice if it came with additional noses pieces (since all noses are different). The two nose pieces it comes with do not allow my eyes to sit close enough to the goggles -- which causes the corners of the image to be blurry (since both eyes cannot see the corners of the image). I use mine with rubber nose piece placeholder that comes installed on the headset. It's not really meant to be used as a nose piece, but it works for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan