FATSHARKs NEW HD GOGGLES + HDMI + SAMSUNG NOTE3

I to am looking into the Dominator HD goggles connected to my iPhone 5. I had already verified that the video from the vision would output via HDMI from my phone to my TV (the app looks awesome in HD on a 55" screen :D ) so I am just waiting for the goggles to be released. With 800X600 dpi and a 45º FOV they should be great for FPV.
WOW, those Zeiss Cinemizer OLED Video Glasses are expensive!, same resolution basically as the DominatorHD but with a smaller FOV at 30º, but $775 :shock:

F6Rider said:
I to am looking into the Dominator HD goggles connected to my iPhone 5. I had already verified that the video from the vision would output via HDMI from my phone to my TV (the app looks awesome in HD on a 55" screen :D ) so I am just waiting for the goggles to be released. With 800X600 dpi and a 45º FOV they should be great for FPV.
WOW, those Zeiss Cinemizer OLED Video Glasses are expensive!, same resolution basically as the DominatorHD but with a smaller FOV at 30º, but $775 :shock:

Yes they are $$, Zeiss has been around a long time, they are also 3D and I did not want to chance the new Fatsharks and be disappointed. I bought them from ReadyMadeRC and they are throwing in a pair of sun shades that will block out the Hawaii sun and there is a $50 dollar rebate.

Re: FATSHARKs NEW HD GOGGLES + HDMI NOTE3

cavaleiro01 said:
WeaponsHot said:
Pull_Up said:
There you go then. Any video goggles that support HDMI in, or any that support AV in that you can use with an HDMI-to-AV adapter and you're away...

Changed my mind, canceled my fatsharks, and ordered Zeiss Cinemizer OLED Video Glasses instead, German Quality, they have been in the optics bz for a very long time. So i may get them next week along with my RP in a couple if Keri stays on track. Christmas in April :) Cant wait.

Excellent choice! Expensive, but, surely, they will work fine! Just let us know your thoughts after you receive it.

I will do my first review ever when I get them, but I'm picky due to my engineering background :ugeek:

Re:ZEISS Cinemizer OLED GOGGLES + HDMI NOTE3

So I got them today, went for my first flight, 10 MPH winds 22 MPH gusts. UNFRIGGINBELIEVEABLE!
Let them charge up with my USB, the kit comes with this:

• Nose pads, including two adjusting elements
• Two 2.5 mm headphones
• cinemizer HDMI adapter
• HDMI to mini HDMI adapter cable
• USB cable
• AV video cable (3.5 mm, 4-pin cinch)
• Travel case
• User manual and safety notes

Also with a $50 rebate, and eye cups that seal out the world.

Hooked it my note 3 and Bazinga a new world opened up to me. For the first time I was able to see what the camera was seeing and for the first time I was in imaginary cockpit of my drone. No sun interfering.

Video was excellent it really was like watching a 40 inch screen, there was one exception, it looked a little ripely, at first I thought it was the infamous jello, but I reviewed the saved video it was clear as a bell. I'm guessing it was my playback setting or the position of HDMI adaptor to the antennas. Not thinking I put the phone in the phone holder and the bottom of the phone was facing toward the WIFI so all the wires and adaptor were in close proximity to the WIFI. I Just need turn the phone the other way and add some distance from the wires to the WIFI. I will try that next.

Seriously, worth the the money MHO, they fit very comfortably, the eye adjustment for diopter worked perfectly and they were fully adjustable, not incrementally. so I could vary it through its full range to suit my vision.

I will go for a longer flight when the wind calms down, but it was total immersion. My wish list for DJI would be to put a more military type heads up information option for the flight parameters.

Thats it for now I will post a more engineering centric review, rather than a wow I can see the world type in a separate post.

Attachments

• cinemizer-oled_and_battery-box.jpg
    cinemizer-oled_and_battery-box.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,451
  • cinemizer_Eyeshield_1.jpg
    cinemizer_Eyeshield_1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,461
I'd like to hear from Nexus 7 v2 owners with the Zeiss Cinemizers. The Nexus is VERY particular with regard to the HDMI adapter it will work with. I'd like to buy the cinemizers, but have to know it works with my setup.

RCRookie said:
I'd like to hear from Nexus 7 v2 owners with the Zeiss Cinemizers. The Nexus is VERY particular with regard to the HDMI adapter it will work with. I'd like to buy the cinemizers, but have to know it works with my setup.
You are so right about that, I tried 2 different adapters before I got smart and ordered a Nexus 7 specific HDMI adapter, then it worked perfect on any HDMI monitor or TV I tested, and I have 4. The extra usb cable on the adapter is to power/charge the nexus if you are watching or streaming movies, the adapter needs no power, or if it does it gets it from the Nexus. I am seriously looking at the new Fatshark DominatorHD goggles.

So, let us know as soon as you hear from anyone comparing the Zeiss Cinemizer goggles vs the Fatshark HD Dominator ones!

Re: FATSHARKs NEW HD GOGGLES + HDMI NOTE3

Tried it and it works, I bought a Rocket Fish knock off from Best Buy, plugged it to the Samsung Note 3, no additional power adaptor needed, plugged the HDMI into the phone and TV.
QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
1 Rocketfish153 MHL HDTV Adapter Black
SKU: 6295102

Fired up the DJI app and Bingo, the album was on the big screen, Crystal clear resolution. went through the movies and photos that were saved and they looked great.

Next step I broke out the Phantom, connected the Wifi and phone got live FPV through the HDMI and it also looked crystal clear.

It works!

Hi,

I really like this solution for FPV with the Vision+.

Did you notice if the image with the app is narrowed on the Fatsharks? The Note 3 has a 16:9 aspect ratio, and the Fatsharks has 4:3. Do the app fills the entire vision area of the Fatsharks or they add some "black bands in top and bottom of the image?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi guys, just joined this forum. We've also just acquired a P2V+ and a FS Dominator V2 goggles for fpv purposes. Obtained cables (micro usb from phone output to micro hdmi input of goggles) but realised nokia Asha phone usb output wasn't MHL compatible. Tested hdmi output from my notebook to goggles, worked perfectly, so ordered a Chinese made android tablet (Polatab Q10) which we hope will work as it will be direct hdmi transference throughout. Any suggestions welcome.

Hi there guys,
I´ve just joined this forum and I was looking for a topic like this. I bought a P3 Standard recently and I´l like to get it connected to a google. I´ve got a Galaxy S5 and a Galaxy S6 Edge+, both with MHL. I´m thinking about buying a Fatshark Dominator HD. Anyone could report using P3 Standard with S5 (my main device for P3) and Dominator HD?
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik