fatshark is this a good deal

Depending on where you live, 250mw may or may not be enough. If you live in an area with minimal interference, sure. Otherwise, 400 or 600 is recommended. Upgraded antennas would do you well, too.

well being that I am near san Jose I would say in the heart of silicon valley there has to be as much interference as anyplace else except a military base or a navy yard ...

So then I'd go with something stronger, like a TS353 or IRC600.

So I am reading all the various FPV info here, but I am curious as to what this buys you in terms of performance and FPV say vs. my 7" Galaxy Tab with the app on it for the Phantom Vision 2? I have tried the ipad and the ios app works sometimes and then stops working so I went with the android on the Galaxy tab and that seems to work fine. But I do have issues with what I can see in the sunlight. I do have a Sunshade but I still find it difficult to see the screen on a sunny day. So do you use FPV as a separate viewing point? And still use a phone or tablet?

Us non-Vision users are forced to purchase FPV separately as there is no app for us........

R4boat said:
So I am reading all the various FPV info here, but I am curious as to what this buys you in terms of performance and FPV say vs. my 7" Galaxy Tab with the app on it for the Phantom Vision 2? I have tried the ipad and the ios app works sometimes and then stops working so I went with the android on the Galaxy tab and that seems to work fine. But I do have issues with what I can see in the sunlight. I do have a Sunshade but I still find it difficult to see the screen on a sunny day. So do you use FPV as a separate viewing point? And still use a phone or tablet?

I'm not sure exactly what "what" is... but I suspect you're looking for a cost/performance analysis between the Vision and non-Visions? To even try to get the kind of range for your app that we get for FPV (1.5km or more) you'd have to put in the FPVLR Stage 4 kit for $500, but I'll give you $100 off for a cheaper kit so say 400 combined with the cost of a P2 Vision+ 3.0 (1100) you're looking at around 1500 for a loaded, long range Vision+ new. You can find them assembled on Ebay for a little cheaper maybe.

Anyway NOT counting the cost of a GoPro, our rig is $960 (since I compared it to the newest generation Vision+, have to compare newest gen non-Vision) plus about another $400 for a nice 2km (rural, 1km urban) FPV setup. That's $1360 without a camera, so you can add like 350 for a Hero3 black or 500ish for a Hero 4 black.

As you can see, factoring the gopro we're slightly more expensive, but we take WAY better video and really we have better range BUT we have to press record and fly - no live control other than gimbal tilt. The Vision series has the advantage of the app and on-demand photos in flight.
non-Vision we're looking at a little 7" LCD screen, most of which are perfectly bright in direct sunlight since they're designed for outdoor hobby RC use, not a tablet.

Thanks....I wasn't considering that you have no FPV on the other models. A DUH moment. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20