Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Fatshark Battery Not Charging on DJI Charger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ipatry, May 5, 2014.

1. ipatry

Hey guys, the first three times I charged my 2s fatshark goggles battery on the DJI charger is was fine. But now when I first plug in to the 2s port it gives me flashing red (normal) but when I plug in the adapter and plug the battery in, the solid red light never shows up to show its charging. I only get a flashing red light on the little 2s light. Why is this?

2. cjaviert

Make sure your charger its on LIPO Switch and NOT LIFE.

3. wkf94025

I have seen this behavior from my Fatshark battery a number of times. Can't offer an authoritative explanation, but can observe that the problem eventually solves itself. Once when I only got the blinking red light, I tried 4 hours later and it suddenly decided charging was a good idea. It happened again this evening, and several tries of unplugging everything and re-trying (in various orders) still no joy. Then I plugged the battery into the goggles very briefly, and viola, the charger decided it should charge. Inexplicable voodoo to me...

Kelly

4. Gizmo3000

The DJI charger is known to have issues if for any reason your Lipo voltage has become unusually low.

Something to consider for the future would be a better digital charger. (plus an inexpensive battery tester comes in handy as well).

However, I have heard that when troubles like this arise, one can set the charger to Life for a short while which will then charge the battery up a little bit, and then it will put enough juice into the Lipo so that it will charge in LiPo mode.