Fatshark Attitude and Samsung Galaxy 4

Reaction score
I do a lot of FPV flying but now that the new Vision + is out I have to see if it is possible to find other than the 5.8ghz as that is what the TX is using. Is there anyway to take the hdmi from the S4 and bring it into the Fatshark Attitude goggles? or does someone have a proven way of doing this? If not I will go for the Phantom 2 and 3axis gimbal. Any help would be appreciated

Grandpa Jake

Yes people have been doing this by taking HDMI out, plugging it into an HDMI to RCA conversion box and you then have the yellow white red connections that can be connected to the FPV goggles.

The HDMI to RCA box's are about $30, some people say they have gotten it to work without power, but most people get one of those small USB power packs and tape it onto the HDMI to RCA box.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FO ... UTF8&psc=1

I'm waiting for FatShark to release the new DominatorHD's (if they ever do, supposedly april was the release and its almost over) They just last week announced that they would be changing the color of the DominatorHD's so I'm guessing the have not been manufactured yet... The reason I'm waiting to get them rather than just buying something available now is that I want the 45 degree Field of View that it will have as well as having HDMI input. (still SD quality resolution)

funtimegrandpa said:
I do a lot of FPV flying but now that the new Vision + is out I have to see if it is possible to find other than the 5.8ghz as that is what the TX is using. Is there anyway to take the hdmi from the S4 and bring it into the Fatshark Attitude goggles? or does someone have a proven way of doing this? If not I will go for the Phantom 2 and 3axis gimbal. Any help would be appreciated

Grandpa Jake
Yes, I'd like to know the answer to that question too. I'd like to know if the HDMI video is comparable to the wifi video. 640x480 should be good enough for the goggles. I would really like the Foxtech Skyzone goggles, since they have the extra forward facing camera, but it can't be done with the 2.4 mhz signal. The upcoming Fatshark Dominator HD's will have selectable frequencies, which would solve the problem, at over $500.00!

I just ordered a mini hdmi to AV converter for around $30 I was told I then could take the cable that comes with the fatshark and connect it to the converter and then the goggles. I am just curious how the screen will fill with the video. That would be perfect if it works for those very bright days when you cant see the screen so well. I also had seen a strange type strap on face contraption that you put the phone in and no light gets in. May look strange on your head, but if it works who cares. Now I just have to find it again. It was only about $12 if I do I will put the link up.

Yeah I've seen the youtube video's of people making their own with LCD screens put into foam cut outs that you then can out up againced your face to block out all the light. They used a plastic magnifying sheet make it look bigger and clearer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1