FatShark Advice and Question

Reaction score
My wife bought me FatShark Dominator V3 goggles. I believe I can plug them into my Nvidia Shield K1 HDMI port and view video from the P3A? Any advice on using this method to connect the goggles to my P3A?

My question is how do I monitor AC status? I use DJI GO on the K1 to watch battery level, number of satellites, etc. What do I do if I am wearing the goggles?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards, Jim

I believe I can plug them into my Nvidia Shield K1 HDMI port and view video from the P3A?
If you connect the googles directly to your Shield via an HDMI cable, you'll be able to see exactly what is on your Shield screen.

The way I understand it is if you buy the HDMI module for the remote controller you can plug your shield into the USB and the fatshark into the hdmi port. Then you have the normal controls available to you on the shield but fpv with your signal strength, battery life and other stats available on the fatshark.

There is a setting to allow a double output , one for the tablet and one for the fatshark.

If you do this Id be interested in hearing how it looks through the fatshark.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The way I understand it is if you buy the HDMI module for the remote controller you can plug your shield into the USB and the fatshark into the hdmi port. Then you have the normal controls available to you on the shield but fpv with your signal strength, battery life and other stats available on the fatshark.

There is a setting to allow a double output , one for the tablet and one for the fatshark.

If you do this Id be interested in hearing how it looks through the fatshark.
But you can't really use the monitor (Shield, iPad, etc) controls while wearing the FatShark right?
EDIT: I think msinger answered this above.

hawkeye62, here's a video showing how to connect the Shield to FPV goggles:

I thought you could. I found a video on YouTube that showed that. I'll see if I can find it.
It was my impression that with the settings setup correctly the fatshark would only show the video and some stats like battery, height, distance and signal, etc. But the tablet or phone connected normally would remain fully functional. You just have to lift the Goggles to see the tablet.

Last edited:
My wife bought me FatShark Dominator V3 goggles. I believe I can plug them into my Nvidia Shield K1 HDMI port and view video from the P3A? Any advice on using this method to connect the goggles to my P3A?

My question is how do I monitor AC status? I use DJI GO on the K1 to watch battery level, number of satellites, etc. What do I do if I am wearing the goggles?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards, Jim
If you are using goggles with K1:

1. You will see the same screen of K2 on goggles this the same AC status
2. For changing the content such as map view, cam view.., you will still need to change it on K1 first
3. Avoid standing freely, better sit down on a chair or take a support of wall/ car/ tree......else you have chance of falling down. :)

Found it
I think you can do it the way in the other video but this seems easier and less likely to have lag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1