Fatshark 250mw Tx question

Reaction score
I have the Fatshark Predator system for my FPV set up with the standard 250mw Tx. I bought it simply because it was cheap and worked as a starting point to see if I liked the FPV experience. Well I do like it so im wanting to start upgrading....slowly if possible. My question is does the 250mw Tx broadcast better (higher res) than the 640x480 that the goggles show? If so what will it go up to? Full 1080p? The range I am getting is ok with me for now. So what im getting at is can i just upgrade my goggles to get a better picture? Or do i need a better Tx and better goggles?

I know there are TONS of FPV set up questions but i googled and downloaded the Tx manual and so on. But it had no answers either way for me.

Thanks
Chad

chuddly said:
I have the Fatshark Predator system for my FPV set up with the standard 250mw Tx. I bought it simply because it was cheap and worked as a starting point to see if I liked the FPV experience. Well I do like it so im wanting to start upgrading....slowly if possible. My question is does the 250mw Tx broadcast better (higher res) than the 640x480 that the goggles show? If so what will it go up to? Full 1080p? The range I am getting is ok with me for now. So what im getting at is can i just upgrade my goggles to get a better picture? Or do i need a better Tx and better goggles?

I know there are TONS of FPV set up questions but i googled and downloaded the Tx manual and so on. But it had no answers either way for me.

Thanks
Chad

In the absence of a definitive answer I haven't seen anything to suggest it wont work with the HD fatshark goggles (for HD read higher definition rather than high def as they aren't 1080p).

The video input to the ImmersionRC/FatShark transmitters (and most others) is either NTSC or PAL which only provides 400-500 vertical lines or about the same as your googles.

For a lot of money ($1,500?), you can get DJI's LightBridge which will do HD video.

im not really concerned about getting FULL HD video...just something better than what im seeing currently. And if you know about resolution then if you only have a 640x480 picture and you blow it up (bigger screens in nicer goggles) then all it does it make the picture looks worse. This is the issue im trying to solve.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr