Fatigue cracks on lower shell

Reaction score
I recently noticed fatigue cracks on my P4P lower shell on 3 arms near and through the vents. I purchased this new in March and the batteries total 73x2 cycles. I also have a P3P which has much more time with zero issues. My question is if I decide to repair this issue does this void any warranty I may have? and does the regular P4 and P4P use the same lower shell? My P4P has had zero abuse and zero impact. I was just reading how inadequate these P4 shells seem to be. Also is there a particular PVC or other agent that's known to be good on these plastics? Thanks!

I recently noticed fatigue cracks on my P4P lower shell on 3 arms near and through the vents. I purchased this new in March and the batteries total 73x2 cycles. I also have a P3P which has much more time with zero issues. My question is if I decide to repair this issue does this void any warranty I may have? and does the regular P4 and P4P use the same lower shell? My P4P has had zero abuse and zero impact. I was just reading how inadequate these P4 shells seem to be. Also is there a particular PVC or other agent that's known to be good on these plastics? Thanks!
If you decide to repair the shell yourself, Plast-Aid is very, very good. It doesn't just form a physical bond, but also forms a chemical bond as well. You can get it on Amazon or at your local hot tub supply store.

Sorry to hear of the cracks. Welcome aboard to the Phantom stress crack club. [emoji853]

Welcome to the club! You know dji will cover that under warranty. And yes it will absolutely void your warranty if you fix it. The bottom shells are definitely different. The p4a/p has molded holes for rear obstacle avoidance, the p4 does not.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav