Fat Shark Teleporter V3

Reaction score
I had intended to ask if anybody has installed the Teleporter V3 in their Phantom, but now I have another question as well. When I plugged my Phantom's battery pack into the Transmitter Power Supply, something on the board glowed red, and smoked, and now it doesn't work. Did I make a mistake, or was it a faulty power supply?

Did you connect the antenna before you connected the power?
If you connect power to the Video Transmitter without connecting the antenna it may burn out the transmitter.

PTCX said:
Did you connect the antenna before you connected the power?
If you connect power to the Video Transmitter without connecting the antenna it may burn out the transmitter.

I did, yes. It is the power supply that fried.

Could it be that you had reversed power leads? Red to red and black to black (obviously), but if there's white and black, the white is positive and goes to red. Some devices will include a diode on the board for reverse polarity protection, but some don't. Keep in mind that the Phantom is not "fused". When you connect the battery, it goes directly to the main board for distribution to the ESC's , NAZA, and to the aux wires. If there is a short stuff can melt and burn.

bumper

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4