Fat Shark Antenna Questions

Buk

Reaction score
Has anyone used these:
NEEWER® 5.8G Circular Polarized Antenna Set
Very inexpensive, perhaps too much so.

Is it a bad practice to mix a circular antenna and OEM straight?
One on transmitter, other on receiver?
Just curious.

Thanks,

Hi Buk, do these antennas fit right onto the fatshark? The fatshark is unusual in that it uses the opposite gender antenna fittings to most other rx/tx setups. I am using actual fatshark antennas and they work very well, no reason to suppose the neewer ones are any better or worse.

howardmaryon said:
Hi Buk, do these antennas fit right onto the fatshark? The fatshark is unusual in that it uses the opposite gender antenna fittings to most other rx/tx setups. I am using actual fatshark antennas and they work very well, no reason to suppose the neewer ones are any better or worse.

What dies the Fatshark use for gender? I picked up a set of Neewer Circular Polarized antennas for my FPV TS58500 5.8G tx with RC805 rx. Both the TX and RX have male connectors and the antennas I got have male connectors, so unless there is a coupler out there I can't use the antennas. Does anyone know what antennas have female connectors on both antennas?

I paid $20 USD for them and they have SMA connection (fits Fat Shark just fine).

Today my Fat Shark Predator V2 goggles blanked out. Horizontal static on a white screen. Changing channels did not help. Completed the flight, switched battery in Phantom (powers Fat Shark too) and everything fine.

??? Not sure how to troubleshoot. Will charge batteries and go out again tomorrow.

Today my Fat Shark Predator V2 goggles blanked out. Horizontal static on a white screen. Changing channels did not help. Completed the flight, switched battery in Phantom (powers Fat Shark too) and everything fine.

??? Not sure how to troubleshoot. Will charge batteries and go out again tomorrow.

Sounds like a connection problem. Did you solder the connections, or use plug in connectors ?

Audaciter said:
Sounds like a connection problem. Did you solder the connections, or use plug in connectors ?

The Fat Shark set up was plug-n-play RTF, except needed to purchase a cable for the GoPro. So NO soldering.

The circular antenna just screws onto the video transmitter and goggles.

I did purchase two GoPro cables, I could try the other one.

I have a Y cable off the balance cable of the Phantom battery feeding power to the BEC (11.1 to 5 volt device) and also an alarming voltage monitor. Could be that connection too.

Thanks,

Audaciter said:
I read on another forum, that it is important to connect the grounds together. The OP of that thread said it cured
his problems .

Sounds like soldering. Is there a wiring diagram somewhere?

Buk said:
Has anyone used these:
NEEWER® 5.8G Circular Polarized Antenna Set
Very inexpensive, perhaps too much so.

Is it a bad practice to mix a circular antenna and OEM straight?
One on transmitter, other on receiver?
Just curious.

Thanks,

so were these an improvement?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20