Faster & Closer w/ GS OSD Overlay

Reaction score
Getting a bit braver with the speed and proximity of objects when flying FPV, only had one crash in this flight and the quadcopter kept flying, just brushed past a few branches, nothing too exciting.

Also, I find the Phantom handles this type of flying much better with the original 8 inch props instead of the 9 inch P2 props I usually run.

Overlaid speed, height, battery level etc. on top of the GoPro video for a little something different. Mostly worked quite well except being slow to update in the small areas where the quadcopter flies out of range of the data link.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-2VahoNjzo[/youtube]

I stumbled upon this video on reddit and showed my stepson. We thought it was pretty dope.

great maneuvering.

GReat flying i take it you must be x-box generation? I am from the dominos generation and so all of my videos are gentle rides above the country side set to baroqe music. BUt the ellement of speed and low flying is realy dynamic and the closenes to the trees give it a sence of scale. I would like to incorperate this into my videos but my balls arent big enough and i am skint.
Good to see another pespective keep it up.

Dangemouse

Re: Faster & Closer w/ GS OSD Overlay

Dominos generation! Very funny! My situation, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave, I think you've built the OSD that everybody is dying for :D Seriously, if you could make an FPV to iPad GS bridge that did exactly what you did there...but in real-time...you'd be one rich macdude.

On another note, when I watch hot-rodding FPV vids like that, I can't help but notice how similar they often are to the view from a dashcam on a WRC or other soft-track race car. And it looks like you've got your handbraking just about perfected ;)

OI Photography said:
Dave, I think you've built the OSD that everybody is dying for :D Seriously, if you could make an FPV to iPad GS bridge that did exactly what you did there...but in real-time...you'd be one rich macdude.

On another note, when I watch hot-rodding FPV vids like that, I can't help but notice how similar they often are to the view from a dashcam on a WRC or other soft-track race car. And it looks like you've got your handbraking just about perfected ;)

Sounds like a challenge lol Ol

It's a shame you can't have both the receiver and the av input active at the same time on the fatshark goggles.

I have certainly gotten better at avoiding objects and precision flying, but mostly through hitting them lol. I would love a little blackout mini quad or something for the more acrobatic agile runs, but we have to make do with what we have.

dangermouse said:
GReat flying i take it you must be x-box generation? I am from the dominos generation and so all of my videos are gentle rides above the country side set to baroqe music. BUt the ellement of speed and low flying is realy dynamic and the closenes to the trees give it a sence of scale. I would like to incorperate this into my videos but my balls arent big enough and i am skint.
Good to see another pespective keep it up.

Dangemouse

Well I'm 28 so not exactly xbox generation, more like Nintendo generation I'd say lol.

I'm still waiting on the sun (or anything else but dull greyness) to show its head here in Scotland before I get any nice slow scenic videos lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik