Fast landing

Reaction score
Flying my p2v + today to bring battery level down to 8% so I could do the 20 cycle recharge.
1st battery had no issues.Flew it to 20% level then hovered till 15% and then landed.I then restarted the motors and kept then on until 8%. Powered off and put 2nd battery in and repeated the same procedure.
This time as I was hovering at about 6 ft agl and with 21% battery left the quad just fell straight down and landed as if it lost power but it landed perfectly with the motors still running and battery at 21%.
I had satellite lock and was in gps mode hovering near my home point.I was using the litchi app on a android phone.
I have the flight logs but I'm not sure which log corresponds with this flight.If anyone could tell me what log item to look at that would be great.
Thanks!

Not sure, however, some units have a RTH or autoland feature when the battery level hits the critical level. You may want to check and see what yours is set at. As far as the flight logs check the date/time stamp. The later the time the later the flight.

I had 2 issues with 2 different batteries at 35% - 45% power left. Phantom landed itself no previous warning. I cleaned battery and pahntom contacts with Electronic Spray cleaner and cotton tips.
I've flown 4 more times and no issues but now i'm not confident with batteries. Both have less than 20 cycles.

You should get a lot more cycles with those batteries. I'd hook to the assistant and see if the cells are balanced. If so and all cells show good you should be ok for a while.

I discovered that after a flight if I pull a battery out of the phantom without turning it off when I put the next fully charged battery in I don't get a reading of how many minutes there are. It shows a percent and it keeps flying well but the minutes indicator still stays at zero.
To fix it I turn the phantom off leaving the battery in and then turn it on again and all is well.

Yep manual say not to insert a battery when it's turned on nor to remove it with it powered on. Makes sense.

I sometimes get so excited to fly again I forget. Is the third time I've done it. I have five batteries.

Also don't forget right after flying don't put that battery on charge give it a rest period. 30 min is a good number. Lipos need to cool down befor recharging.

I sometimes get so excited to fly again I forget. Is the third time I've done it. I have five batteries.

If you don't slow down and take your time you will be losing your Phantom very shortly for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj