Far out fc40

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering today if I just send my fc40 as far out as it can go in GPS mode over some nice opening land when it goes out of range signal will she auto RTH
Bring it back its set up
What happens when you lose connection no matter where you are
Please let me know

Last edited:
Yes Saturday 1 & a half mile out
I was very surprise as I have boosted my aerial on TX is not the standard one buddy .
Can't wait for my fpv kit to arrive because I know she will go further out with my other mods comming soon remember tho I'm running 4.0 mutistar battery's 'my mate has phantom 2 vision and phantom 1 he will go throw two sets of 2200 on P1 and p2 I be still flying while his had run out I'm still on my first 1 while he puts his second load in lol I have to smile any way .

But a good old friend of mine on this site has recommend me a better balanced charger that's comming in the post very soon .
Always Remember how long it takes to get there because in RTH
ITS ONLY FLYING AT Speeds of 8-11mph back bare that in mind
I'm all kitted out tho buddy expensive not no cheap tracker on my phantom just incase it goes tits up but I've tried it .landed in corn field got my location tap walked on google maps bang there she was :) lol
Always reminder set your home point and wait for two sets of flashing green and your good to go I'm very surprised at this site that people don't like to share but are quick off there load to moan or not help each other out each to there own good luck :) let me know

Ps that was with the plastic dji props
If it was on carbon she will wizz that like mad there and back that's what I noticed Saturday :)
But until I balance them I'll stay with dji brand for now

Ps that was prop wash on my other thread I notice if you go left and right gentle when comming down gentle she will not hit prop wash :)
Like it when I came straight down :) dunno if you had that yet but hey we learn every day :)

1and a half miles that's brilliant did you have a camera on board?? So u using a 4000 mah battery I need to get more batteries, did it fit ok or have you modified the battery compartment?? Well done for takin it out that far I've only gone about 400ft so far lol

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Carlo Napoli
1and a half miles that's brilliant did you have a camera on board?? So u using a 4000 mah battery I need to get more batteries, did it fit ok or have you modified the battery compartment?? Well done for takin it out that far I've only gone about 400ft so far lol

Yes mate it's on record when I did it but when my fpv kit arrives I'll be posting on YouTube .
The battery mods was little shaving inside
The trap door I didn't cut or anything it just fits nice my mate just left my house I just tried his 5.0 mutistar and guess what it fitted straight in . That's even more time on flying for sure
Always go with your best choice
The reason why I did this is because when my fpv arrives I know what she can do
Also remember millions of pounds was put into phantom so you got the options use them like RTH
so you know it's doing its job.
When I return to home I don't switch off my TX I switch down on toggle top right so I can gain fly again when near :)
But when you lose connection. She will fly back and land.......
I've tried turning the TX off
Was cool but I'd rather be on double safe with it on .
I suppose when you go far out and lose TX reception it's more or less like you turn off the TX off in some way or another .
I won't be posting on how high
As it may crack few eggs on here but enjoy :)

Look forward to seein the video mate, I will be upgrading my 2200 mah batteries real soon but a little nervous about trimming the doorway to fit a more powerful battery. You any pics of what you done? Cheers

Who says trim the door once again No
I didn't do nothing
Only in side very easy mate the leads tuck up to left side close door also I have in inside the battery white block going to extensions to buzzer with p hole on the side you can't even see it but that's me if it's just a battery only inside some cut half of moon in door I didn't
Yeah my mate
Goes throw 2x 2200 I'm still on one battery I have to PMSL sorry just proves my battery's are great
I have 3off them

Sweet I'm watching a few on eBay didn't want to hack my fc40 so all good there. Look forward to seein pics of your set up.

Yes Saturday 1 & a half mile out
I was very surprise as I have boosted my aerial on TX is not the standard one buddy .
Can't wait for my fpv kit to arrive because I know she will go further out with my other mods comming soon remember tho I'm running 4.0 mutistar battery's 'my mate has phantom 2 vision and phantom 1 he will go throw two sets of 2200 on P1 and p2 I be still flying while his had run out I'm still on my first 1 while he puts his second load in lol I have to smile any way .

But a good old friend of mine on this site has recommend me a better balanced charger that's comming in the post very soon .
Always Remember how long it takes to get there because in RTH
ITS ONLY FLYING AT Speeds of 8-11mph back bare that in mind
I'm all kitted out tho buddy expensive not no cheap tracker on my phantom just incase it goes tits up but I've tried it .landed in corn field got my location tap walked on google maps bang there she was :) lol
Always reminder set your home point and wait for two sets of flashing green and your good to go I'm very surprised at this site that people don't like to share but are quick off there load to moan or not help each other out each to there own good luck :) let me know
HI Carlo, what FPV kit have you ordered and what frequency will it be on? I'd given up trying to get proper FPV for the FC40

Reactions: Carlo Napoli
Curious to see this as well. I'm always happy when someone discovers just how good this bird can be with a few modifications. For the FPV, I would suggest picking up a directional antenna as you can go out even further. I modded the remote as well with a directional antenna. Depending on which OSD you buy, you can see how much battery you have left which helps lots in determining when you should return home. Enjoy your mods!

I'm looking at making my fc40 go further out what other aerials can I put on my TX at the mo I'm running a 5.8 extra range aerial and I get about 1&half mile
Can you please what you have

Fpv kit is very good good pic and goes as far as fc40 will travel this is why I went to go further away

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20