False Battery Percentage

Reaction score
I was about to fly my P3S, so I checked the battery inside. It was fully charged; 100%. Then I went outside and turned the controller and Phantom on, and all of a sudden it said that battery was 56%, and after running everything up and flying for a minute, it was down to 51%. I flew for about 14 minutes, but it mostly stayed at 51% for half the flight, then 50% until the end. The outside air temperature is 42 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the first time I've had this happen, but also one of the coldest flights it has done so far. Any ideas?

Try the updates. Also make sure to all room temperature. If you use a battery after a fresh charge it can overheat. Gl hope it's just a minor thing.

Just finished the update and re-calibrated. I have another battery charging. I'll charge it to 100%, wait a half an hour or so, and I will do the same thing and see if the percentage reads correctly; or at least more accurately.

I was about to fly my P3S, so I checked the battery inside. It was fully charged; 100%. Then I went outside and turned the controller and Phantom on, and all of a sudden it said that battery was 56%, and after running everything up and flying for a minute, it was down to 51%. I flew for about 14 minutes, but it mostly stayed at 51% for half the flight, then 50% until the end. The outside air temperature is 42 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the first time I've had this happen, but also one of the coldest flights it has done so far. Any ideas?
How long had the battery sat before you used it? A day, a week or a weekday? Must have been a Weakday?:)

How long had the battery sat before you used it? A day, a week or a weekday? Must have been a Weakday?:)
It sat for only a few hours. I think it had to do with not updating. I haven't had the chance to fly it after I updated after the issue because the weather hasn't been great. I'll fly soon.

Last edited:
The battery percentages are accurate now that it's updated. I'll post again if I have the same issue in the future, but for now it seems that the firmware update fixed the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31