Falling straight down

Reaction score
I have sent my Phantom 2 Vision to the Drone Doctor after it has fallen out of the sky for the 7th time. When it first started falling, I was getting about 3/4 battery depletion before it fell. This last time I had only flown for maybe 3 or 4 minutes. When I get a diagnosis, I will post it here since others have had this problem also.

Rockdweller said:
I have sent my Phantom 2 Vision to the Drone Doctor after it has fallen out of the sky for the 7th time. When it first started falling, I was getting about 3/4 battery depletion before it fell. This last time I had only flown for maybe 3 or 4 minutes. When I get a diagnosis, I will post it here since others have had this problem also.
When you say fallen do ya mean like a rock or just losing power and slowly coming down ?

Phantom 2 loses power and fall few meters
Message: Good morning friends , I am Vinicius from Brazil and have a Phantom 2. Lately on some flights have noticed that my phantom has undergone some " drops " during the flight. During the flight it just loses power and falls slowly a few feet (5 or 6 meters) and then stabilizes again and continues to fly . This has caused insecurity because if that happens on the water I lose my drone . I wonder what might be causing this problem and how to fix it . thank you very much.

descoberto2 said:
Message: Good morning friends , I am Vinicius from Brazil and have a Phantom 2. Lately on some flights have noticed that my phantom has undergone some " drops " during the flight. During the flight it just loses power and falls slowly a few feet (5 or 6 meters) and then stabilizes again and continues to fly . This has caused insecurity because if that happens on the water I lose my drone . I wonder what might be causing this problem and how to fix it . thank you very much.
Maybe it's a matter of disturbance of receiving gps signal, flying over water (as a smooth surface) in gps mode may cause problems.

nospeak said:
descoberto2 said:
Maybe it's a matter of disturbance of receiving gps signal, flying over water (as a smooth surface) in gps mode may cause problems.

GPS gets far too much credit, and blame, for seemingly unexplained flight operation. ;)

Mine seemed to get a bit unstable and then just drops out of the sky. I think mine was losing power altogether but like I say it is at the Drone Doctor so I'll update if they find out anything. Sorry for the late post.

May I ask if any of you use a GPS tracking device? And what kind, what's the price and the fees for using it?

Is there a way to get notified when responses are given on this forum? I'm not too smart.

Rockdweller said:
May I ask if any of you use a GPS tracking device? And what kind, what's the price and the fees for using it?

Is there a way to get notified when responses are given on this forum? I'm not too smart.

To suscribe to a topic, open the topic you wish to subscribe to, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, and on the left side of the page you'll see a link that says "Subscribe Topic" click on it, and you'll get notifications whenever a post is made for that topic. You can manage whether or not you wish to continue to subscribe to the topics in your User Control Panel.

Well, that was a big mistake. I got the Phantom back today and have no idea if they fixed the problem of it falling out of the sky because now I can't even get it up in the air. The phone shows that the batteries are dead and it want show any satialites at all. The lights on the battery indicate that it is fully charged and also the Naza software says they are fully charged. I just tried it again a while ago and now the camera doesn't even power on. I'm writing Adorama Camera the merchant I bought it from and also writing DJI. They said it wasn't covered under warranty because it had been modified but the only thing I did was add an antenna on the range extender and that shouldn't have caused the problems I was having.

Has anyone had dealings with the Drone Doctor? The repair service went thru uav direct drone repairs.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj