Falling p4

Reaction score
Yes my phantom 4 fell yesterday also. Everything was fine I was taking pics of a friend plowing a field. I switched to sport mode to get to the end of the field more quickly at 245' alt. All of a sudden the drone turned up, that was the last on video.I haven't downloaded the file yet but I assume I hit a strong gust from the north witch was the direction I was flying. The drone came down in tall grass And is repairable, I won't ever try that again ,the wind was 5 mph at ground level but who knows above the tree line.
TO jrlroxx that video looks like the gunks mt. range which i have spent a lot of time in my younger days

Another phantom 4 falling from the sky? Is this common on the phantom 4? I have my phantom 3 standard with 33 flights and still work like new.

Yes my phantom 4 fell yesterday also. Everything was fine I was taking pics of a friend plowing a field. I switched to sport mode to get to the end of the field more quickly at 245' alt. All of a sudden the drone turned up, that was the last on video.I haven't downloaded the file yet but I assume I hit a strong gust from the north witch was the direction I was flying. The drone came down in tall grass And is repairable, I won't ever try that again ,the wind was 5 mph at ground level but who knows above the tree line.
TO jrlroxx that video looks like the gunks mt. range which i have spent a lot of time in my younger days
There's no way a 5mph gust flipped that over.
I've flown my P4 in 15mph winds in sport with no problems.
The only scare I have had was max gimble rotation reached when the wind nudged it forward more than it was expecting but it corrected itself.
I'd check the flight log in case a motor failed.

Should have a look at airdata,,,show what was going on

Reactions: DocDiggler
I have flown my P3 with wind speeds until 10 m/s (22 mph). The P4 is even more stable. Especially in sports mode 5 mph should not affect the drone much.

I really doubt that wind could cause a Phantom to flip over. These units are so stable that one can hold a Phantom upside down and toss it away from the body and the drone will right itself and return to the point where it was released, only right side up.
Jim
WA5TEF

What exactly do you mean by "the drone turned up"? Have you downloaded the video yet? Have you looked at the logs? More info, please. You can't just leave us hangin' here.

What exactly do you mean by "the drone turned up"? Have you downloaded the video yet? Have you looked at the logs? More info, please. You can't just leave us hangin' here.
Pharm, my Phantom 4 was manually landing from about 400 feet when about halfway down, it suddenly flipped upside down. My first reaction was when I saw it falling rather fast, was to apply more thrust which being inverted was the worst thing to do. Anyway, it crashed props first almost flat on its top. It landed in soft wet ground with grass and leaves around. It broke all four props, bent two of the arms and almost tore off the gimbal. It still had about 70% battery left and I took the drone inside, cleaned off the mud and installed new propellers and another battery and it flew!!! The only thing that I could find was the gimbal would hang when going from level to vertical. I sent it to DJI and have had no luck in proving warranty! I have been fighting them since January 27th!
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1