Fallen drone ugh!!

Reaction score
After all this time I've never once crashed my P4P, been super careful with her since I got her but today had it on the table for a few seconds before I put it back in it's case and my dad came lumbering along and knocked it off abruptly landing on it's legs then flipping around. Thought the legs would snap for sure with how hard it fell on the tiles. It's a bit scratched up but video works and I thankfully can't see anything wrong with it. Haven't tried flying yet but after a fall like that are there any sort of tests I should do before taking it up again or should I just go ahead and try?

Hard falls can sometimes mess with IMU calibration. Not sure though as your AC wasn't powered on at the time of the fall. Just a thought.

Maybe change out the props for safety sake, fire up the drone and RC, look at the app and check for any warnings during the IMU warming up process. If all good, try a low level flight and see how it performs.

Thanks guys. Didn't have the props on at the time so it hit on the legs / motor. No IMU warnings.. recalibrated the compass and about to try that low level flight now. All looks good so far. Think I may have got lucky. Boy these things can take a knock evidently..

Reactions: tevek
Thanks guys. Didn't have the props on at the time so it hit on the legs / motor. No IMU warnings.. recalibrated the compass and about to try that low level flight now. All looks good so far. Think I may have got lucky. Boy these things can take a knock evidently..
To a point...

If you follow my posts you will see that mine fell from 15 meters, on grass and nothing happened to him (only broke the protectors of propellers and cardan (that's what they were for!) So I can agree that they can survive a blow if luck accompanies you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik