Fall in the Sea

2 "Authorized Dealers" have refused to work on water damage
I am not surprised because water damage is insidious and may not show up for a long time. No one wants you to pay them for a repair only for you to come back six months later with a new water-induced problem.

So far my rice experiment is not looking good for rice. I put the same amount of water in a bag with rice and also just on the counter. They appear to be evaporating at the same rate....

Can you do a CSC in the simulator? I am most curious if holding down will also cause it, although I have read that if the altitude is decreasing it will not, but also could not find anyone that tried it...

I pull full down every time I land. Never caused a problem. Though if possible I come in at an angle to fly into fresh air.

Very painful to look at. So is this taken today from my garage of my P3S taking a bath after being in salt water.

IF you get good results, please have a conversation with me on this site to help me out (don't know how, but I see it)

View attachment 36319

I am happy to report back that a new fresh water soak WORKED!: I was replacing the fresh water gradually by having the hose trickle water in and over-flowing out on to the driveway for 10 hours, then compressed air blow-through and did 2 fans and dehumidifier in a very warm (small) room for 2 days. Did the "RC Link" thing once I got the new battery in, and it seems to work. Now, I will not be flying it over my grandmother or populated areas mind you, but the signals and camera image and gimbal all work. For now.

So soon I will closer it back up, and try the voters (without props) and do more testing before trying a take off.

But good news for me so far! Thanks everyone.

Reactions: DownUnder
That is great news!
It may go against the grain but if any electronic item has had a dunking in salt water soaking it in fresh water will not make it any worse - it can only help!

Happy Thanksgiving!

4f9qcqD.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hello.. I have had an idea for a water resistant/proof/Splash down protection called - Phantom Water Jacket, this is a one piece item at the moment for the Phantom 3 range it will protect the camera & lower body + motors & will be incredibly easy to fit & still allow filming.. just need help with my prototype.. I'm in Colchester, Essex - anyone who's interested in helping please get in contact, help required in the moulding of plastics..

Reactions: Καλλιστώ
Hello.. I have had an idea for a water resistant/proof/Splash down protection called - Phantom Water Jacket, this is a one piece item at the moment for the Phantom 3 range it will protect the camera & lower body + motors & will be incredibly easy to fit & still allow filming.. just need help with my prototype.. I'm in Colchester, Essex - anyone who's interested in helping please get in contact, help required in the moulding of plastics..
What exactly you mean mate
Are you serious
If is not a joke please post some pictures to make us understand what is all about

No sorry if I post pictures of my idea someone will most definitely tell me I'm crazy & steal the idea for themselves.. basically my idea is a plastic jacket that fits the phantom 3 range incl the camera, lower body, motors & battery & the camera will still be usable.. this is more of an emergency jacket, used if flying near or over water.. this idea is still in its infancy & I really need some help.. so no its no joke..

No sorry if I post pictures of my idea someone will most definitely tell me I'm crazy & steal the idea for themselves.. basically my idea is a plastic jacket that fits the phantom 3 range incl the camera, lower body, motors & battery & the camera will still be usable.. this is more of an emergency jacket, used if flying near or over water.. this idea is still in its infancy & I really need some help.. so no its no joke..
I do not understand how this should work.
How can you enclose the motors and still let the props spin in free air?
Also, even with a transparent jacket, the camera view would be distorted.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl