Failsafe with no movemeny on controller

Reaction score
On my older Phantom, there was a feature that I turned off for going into failsafe if no remote changes sre detected within 20 or 30 seconds and I hated that for video, but was there thinking a possible controller loss. Can't see if Vision has same thing and don't see option to turn off if there. I want to hover for extended times for video and don 't want to execute the failsafe by doing so. Does this occur in Vision based on knowledge? Looked in the manual but didn't see it mentioned. It got me once on first
Phantom, thus reason I turned it off. Just don 't see option to turn off, so wonder if it is in the software on Vision?

I cannot remember where I read this but I think I'm remembering correctly what I read. I possibly saw it on the Naza-M help site. Here's what I think is the case:

The Failsafe Return To Home does not kick in when there is no movement of the sticks, but it does kick in if it is receiving exactly the same motor commands for more than a certain number of seconds (10 or 20 seconds, I think, don't remember which.) Neutral sticks are not considered a "command". A command is considered an input to move in a precise direction. The logic is that even if an operator was going full throttle forward for a good number of seconds, there would be accompanying tiny left or right inputs from the remote control, enough to inform the Failsafe parameters that the craft was being properly controlled from its remote control and not from some stray signal that was giving one non-varying precise command. If the command to move remains PRECISELY the same for the specified number of seconds, Failsafe is triggered.
At any rate, I became convinced that it was not possible for a human operator to have an unwarranted triggering of Failsafe in that scenario. Failsafe would only be triggered if the quad was being controlled with a false unchanging command from an unintended source.

That's right. The sticks have 1000 data points between extremes of travel (apparently) so it's highly unlikely you can actually hold one stick position dead by hand. As has been said, neutral stick is not seen as a "command" for the purposes of this algorithm, as sitting still in the sky is a good thing to do if all else fails! I've never had this kick in setting up for stills or (trying to do) smooth pans for video, etc.

Thanks and hope this is correct. I was using my Phantom 1 for some video at one time in the past and doing a hover for a while during video and it expectantly went into fail safe and flew home and at first, I didn't realize what was occurring and thought it was going to do a fly away but when it stopped just over my head, and started descending, I realized what was happening. At the time it went into fail safe, I was around 600 foot high when it just took off from position with no changes by me. I was letting it hover when it took off on it's own and was scary. The Phantom 1 had a setting in the Naza software where I could turn off that feature, but didn't see it in the Vision software, so was concerned. Thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav