Failsafe triggered twice due to power disruption!?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I took my P2V- (I say minus because it is without camera ATM) out for a fly this afternoon, light wind, cloudy. It was flying around for about 10min when I noticed it wasn't responding... My heart sank & I thought Oh no... But then I noticed it had stopped & was just hanging there. Then it went shooting straight up & came back to where I was. I tried to regain control of it but no go, so I just watched it land. Somehow RTH was activated.
I put the controller on the ground, checked it all out, put a new battery in it & started it up... Everything seemed ok so it took off & was flying faultlessly for around 15min & it did it again. I thought WTF? So I lit a cigarette & sat on the grass waiting for it and watched it land about 50ft away. I was sat there thinking.... Maybe the batteries in the controller are going? I'm sure green light was on... I took the back off the controller and a battery fell out! When I looked closer, the little metal thing in the battery cradle at the opposite end to the spring had been compressed, I could wiggle the battery side to side. I got my pliers out an gently bent it out a bit more, same with all of them. Now the batteries were in tight, fired it up again and viola ! No problems

Great observation.

I was fiddling a bit over the holiday weekend and decided to measure my batteries with the Tx On and again Off.

I noticed that when I removed the battery door/cover that two of the batteries were not fully seated.

I inserted a piece of paper (piece of business card) on top of the batteries to add a bit of additional pressure from the wimpy foam used to hold them down into the battery contact area.

I have never had an unexplained RTH but loose batteries would definitely cause it.

My last or closest to the edge "springy-thingie" has one less curl to it. That + battery wants to pop up when you insert the batts. DJI should have used a flat post on the + end as most battery boxes have. All tight when in place and no problems. Sponge must be holding mine in place.

N017RW said:
Great observation.

I was fiddling a bit over the holiday weekend and decided to measure my batteries with the Tx On and again Off.

I noticed that when I removed the battery door/cover that two of the batteries were not fully seated.

I inserted a piece of paper (piece of business card) on top of the batteries to add a bit of additional pressure from the wimpy foam used to hold them down into the battery contact area.

I have never had an unexplained RTH but loose batteries would definitely cause it.

I think when the battery moved the transmitter went off so the Phantom interpreted it as a loss of signal and initiated fail-safe mode

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1