Failsafe / run home to mama mode?

Don't mean to split hairs here, but that is not entirely true. Upon signal loss it will do whatever you have set in the GO app under "Remote control signal loss" in the Advanced settings. The setting choices are Return to home, Land or Hover. I only mention it because that setting is very important. If you have the bird so far out that you can't see it and you lose controller signal, the bird will do whatever is in that setting. Hovering or landing could have way different results than it actually flying home. Just sayin. :)

Yes "Land" over water probably isn't my first choice.. :D

I thought default was hover.

The bird will auto land when the battery goes dead. It will not return to home.

Reactions: Pharm
My question is :
If the P4 loses complete contact with the remote, what happens? Is there a Fail Safe mode that has it return home, does it just hover until it dies, does it follow the last command and keep going until it dies?
Just wondering what sort of safety features if any are encoded into the firmware.
RTH is one of the most important features that every pilot should have a good understanding of.
The manual has three pages covering RTH.
Your questions suggest that you haven't found the manual.
You can get it here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/en/Phantom_4_User_Manual_en_v1.2_20160719.pdf

Reactions: Pharm and WWK888
I was waiting for the "RTFM"' post... Couldn't agree more. These things cost plenty. Don't fly until you understand it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik