Failsafe landing

Reaction score
Hello all. I received a phantom 1 from a friend a while ago and am learning to fly before my p3s arrives. So here's my question. I took it up and flew a bunch of times and all was working well so I decided out of interest I wanted to test fail safe self land. So I used the naza assistant to make the s2 switch at the bottom auto land. First time it seamed to work great it came down and landed softly.

Second time it came down but was drifting it was going to land on the shoulder of the small road I was on and was probably going to tip so I dove under it to hand catch it.

How can I stop it from moving laterally while moving? Or can I at least lessen the amount of drift? Satellites maybe?

Third time. It came down seamed to land but as it touched it wasn't happy lifted off again just slightly then cut the motors again landing and repeated several times until I couldn't take the not so soft landings and just csc'ed it as it touched ground. (I know this is unrecommended but I wasn't too worried about the drone)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This sounds normal I had 2 p1s and both did this, rth landing is great as a safety net but not to use every flight.

It simply descends gently monitoring barometer for altitude so on hard flat surfaces you get a ground effect bubble which can cause it to bump a few times sometimes quite a few. On fkat grass it is better.

Manual landing is much easier, gently descend and when skids touch hold left stick full down and motors will stop.

Hello all. I received a phantom 1 from a friend a while ago and am learning to fly before my p3s arrives. So here's my question. I took it up and flew a bunch of times and all was working well so I decided out of interest I wanted to test fail safe self land. So I used the naza assistant to make the s2 switch at the bottom auto land. First time it seamed to work great it came down and landed softly.

Second time it came down but was drifting it was going to land on the shoulder of the small road I was on and was probably going to tip so I dove under it to hand catch it.

How can I stop it from moving laterally while moving? Or can I at least lessen the amount of drift? Satellites maybe?

Third time. It came down seamed to land but as it touched it wasn't happy lifted off again just slightly then cut the motors again landing and repeated several times until I couldn't take the not so soft landings and just csc'ed it as it touched ground. (I know this is unrecommended but I wasn't too worried about the drone)

About the problem you had the second time, are you sure you took off after the Home position was recorded?(green led fast blinking few seconds after the motors start).
About the problem of the third time,I agree with the answer of Jamesb72.

Did you calibrate your compass befor the flight? If not that can lead to things like what is going on to your Dji. Also don't calibrate neer big metal objects. But it could also be what gianni_bt said. Try that and see what happens

I had calibrated and I should elaborate a little I was only trying to land not return to home and land. I did however set the homepoint before take off. The bubble effect does make sense as it was trying to land on a road all the air would be filtered back upwards. Thanks for the help everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20